Contribute
Register

I must be missing something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have a dual boot (soon to be triple boot) system, on two physical drives. (Win 7 on one, OSX on the other).

I've run multibeast, and Chimera on its own, but I can't get the bootloader to run on booting. If I don't run iboot from the CD, it boot straight to Windows. I must be missing something....suggestions?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68
CPU
i7-2660k
Graphics
GTX 560Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
solstice said:
I have a dual boot (soon to be triple boot) system, on two physical drives. (Win 7 on one, OSX on the other).

I've run multibeast, and Chimera on its own, but I can't get the bootloader to run on booting. If I don't run iboot from the CD, it boot straight to Windows. I must be missing something....suggestions?

Boot priority?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I don't think so. I have to force it to boot from the CD. If I do nothing, it boots from the hard drive. I need to figure out how to get Chimera to the MBR, or equivalent, I think.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68
CPU
i7-2660k
Graphics
GTX 560Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
solstice said:
I don't think so. I have to force it to boot from the CD. If I do nothing, it boots from the hard drive. I need to figure out how to get Chimera to the MBR, or equivalent, I think.

But you have two drives, correct? Which of those drives is first in the boot priority?

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Vendetta said:
solstice said:

But you have two drives, correct? Which of those drives is first in the boot priority?

Of course. I should have picked that up from your earlier point. Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68
CPU
i7-2660k
Graphics
GTX 560Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
solstice said:
Vendetta said:
solstice said:

Of course. I should have picked that up from your earlier point. Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

No problem. Common mistake. Happened to me a few times. I swear BIOS has a mind of it's own sometimes.

Good luck.

ModBot

Super Moderator
Staff member
Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Moved to the correct forum, Installation Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.