Contribute
Register

I must be missing something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
May 15, 2011
Messages
30
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have a dual boot (soon to be triple boot) system, on two physical drives. (Win 7 on one, OSX on the other).

I've run multibeast, and Chimera on its own, but I can't get the bootloader to run on booting. If I don't run iboot from the CD, it boot straight to Windows. I must be missing something....suggestions?
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
1,110
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68
CPU
i7-2660k
Graphics
GTX 560Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
solstice said:
I have a dual boot (soon to be triple boot) system, on two physical drives. (Win 7 on one, OSX on the other).

I've run multibeast, and Chimera on its own, but I can't get the bootloader to run on booting. If I don't run iboot from the CD, it boot straight to Windows. I must be missing something....suggestions?

Boot priority?
 
Joined
May 15, 2011
Messages
30
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I don't think so. I have to force it to boot from the CD. If I do nothing, it boots from the hard drive. I need to figure out how to get Chimera to the MBR, or equivalent, I think.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
1,110
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68
CPU
i7-2660k
Graphics
GTX 560Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
solstice said:
I don't think so. I have to force it to boot from the CD. If I do nothing, it boots from the hard drive. I need to figure out how to get Chimera to the MBR, or equivalent, I think.

But you have two drives, correct? Which of those drives is first in the boot priority?
 
Joined
May 15, 2011
Messages
30
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Vendetta said:
solstice said:
I don't think so. I have to force it to boot from the CD. If I do nothing, it boots from the hard drive. I need to figure out how to get Chimera to the MBR, or equivalent, I think.

But you have two drives, correct? Which of those drives is first in the boot priority?

Of course. I should have picked that up from your earlier point. Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.
 
Joined
Aug 3, 2010
Messages
1,110
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68
CPU
i7-2660k
Graphics
GTX 560Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
solstice said:
Vendetta said:
solstice said:
I don't think so. I have to force it to boot from the CD. If I do nothing, it boots from the hard drive. I need to figure out how to get Chimera to the MBR, or equivalent, I think.

But you have two drives, correct? Which of those drives is first in the boot priority?

Of course. I should have picked that up from your earlier point. Thanks. I'll try that tomorrow.

No problem. Common mistake. Happened to me a few times. I swear BIOS has a mind of it's own sometimes.

Good luck.
 

ModBot

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
1,352
Motherboard
01010
CPU
10101
Graphics
01010
Moved to the correct forum, Installation Support.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top