GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I tried multiple things now, red a lot of guides, but I feel a little lost. Would be nice if someone could help me out.

I managed to install both Win10 Legacy and a El Capitan UEFI on one SSD.

The partition scheme is like this:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *500.1 GB   disk0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   2:                  Apple_HFS Hackintosh              219.3 GB   disk0s2[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   4:       Microsoft Basic Data Windows                 279.9 GB   disk0s4[/FONT]

My problem is booting to either system. Clover installed correctly on the SSD (I think). My BIOS is set to boot mode UEFI+Legacy

OSX:

If I try to boot via Clover USB stick I boot just fine. However if I boot via Clover/SSD I get the message:

Code:
Error allocating 0x1e97 pages ....
Error allocating 0x800 pages ....
Error loading kernel cache (0xe)
Boot failed, sleeping for 10 seconds before waking...

I got around that by booting with nv_disable=1. But now my resolution and image quality is all messed up. I installed the latest Nvidia drivers but it didn't change that (When I start OS X with USB the display drivers seem to work properly though).

Windows 10:

Windows won't boot with either Clover/SSD or Clover/USB, it doesn't matter what boot mode I select in BIOS. All I see is a blinking underscore in the top left corner of the monitor. I can however boot the OS perfectly fine when I select the partition manually in the boot options of the mainboard. It's not very elegant though...

I really would like to make Clover work. I feel like the solution is close and I just don't know where to look.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me a hint.

Best
Flic

Alright, I think I got it to work (finally) ;P

In order to boot OS X with the correct video drivers this one helped:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...l-capitan-install-problems.html#CategoryPanic

I replaced VBoxHfs.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Making Clover to boot to Legacy Windows:

Add Legacy=LegacyBIOSDefault & LegacyBiosDefaultEntry=1 in Clover config.plist (With Clover installed in Partition 1/EFI)

Hi FliccC,

I am having the same problems as you! I have windows which was already installed on a separate HDD in Legacy mode, I have El Capitan in UEFI on my SSD!

I can see windows Legacy NTFS in the clover boot screen, but if I select the windows I get a blinking cursor and then the machine restarts!

How did you add those Legacy statements to clovers config?

COuld you elaborate?

Thank you in advance!!

If you install Windows Legacy, you should install Clover Legacy to match.
Best is to install Win10 UEFI to match Clover UEFI on Ivy Bridge or Haswell hardware.
Easy enough to do. Install OS X as you normally would.
Launch diskutility, select the OS X drive (not the OS X partition), click on partition button.
At the Current partition box, use mouse pointer to click/hold left mouse button at lower right corner of the box and drag it up to make a partition or you can click on the + button below the box to add a partition, sized to what you want. Format this partition as if you were going to install OS X on it: Name Win10, format Mac OS X Extended (Journaled). Exit Disk Utility.
Shutdown, boot with the Win10 installer. At the install screen where it asks for you to select a partition, select the Win10 partition, click advanced button, click format and continue the Win10 install as you usually would. Win10 installer will create partitions as needed.

For various reasons, including :banghead: caused by Windows updates failing to install, I really recommend you install Win10 on a separate SSD from OS X and always disconnect all other drives before updating Win10.

This is what I think he meant. I've yet to try it out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 8.16.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-05 at 8.16.06 PM.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 380
Can't boot to Win10 from Clover:

I did this(separate SSD):
Launch diskutility, select the OS X drive (not the OS X partition), click on partition button.
At the Current partition box, use mouse pointer to click/hold left mouse button at lower right corner of the box and drag it up to make a partition or you can click on the + button below the box to add a partition, sized to what you want. Format this partition as if you were going to install OS X on it: Name Win10, format Mac OS X Extended (Journaled). Exit Disk Utility.
Shutdown, boot with the Win10 installer. At the install screen where it asks for you to select a partition, select the Win10 partition, click advanced button, click format and continue the Win10 install as you usually would. Win10 installer will create partitions as needed.

I've used this method twice(using a separate SSD), but when I try to install the Win10 installer says it can't use GPT(If I remember correctly) If I wipe the two partitions, I can install and my ssd looks like this:

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *60.0 GB disk1
1: Windows_NTFS Door systeem gereser... 524.3 MB disk1s1
2: Windows_NTFS 59.5 GB disk1s2

But I can't boot Windows from Clover installed on my OSX disk. Clover sees 2 windows installs, but when I try to boot them I get a blinking cursor and that's it.

I searched the site, but there's just too much multibooting info so I would appreciate some help.

Best,

Zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back