Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
osx
CPU
i7
Graphics
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1080
Hi,
today i was trying to update my machine to High sierra from Sierra. When i started the installation, i got the error "this mac is not compatible with high sierra". So i thought that i just needed to update the system definition in Multibeast... Huge mistake! I change from mac 5.1 to imac 17.1 and when i rebooted the screen went black when i arrive to the login. It was really stupid of me to update without searching on the forum first!
Now i need some help to recover the screen or switch back to mac 5.1. Can i do this from clover ? is there a clover flag to help with this ?
I found this thread about the black screen:
But it doesnt really help in my case. I know my machine works fine i just need to switch back to the previous profile.
My machine hardware is in my signature.

if you can get to clover then you can make changes to the sys defs, select options and one of them there will show the sys defs which you can change manually and then boot - the settings dont stick so you will need to make the changes once at the desktop

Change settings in clover bootloader if you can reach it.Else use another computer and connect your HDD/SSD to it and mount EFI partition via minipartition wizard.Then open it with Explorer++ as admin and open config.plist via plist editor,change imac17,1 to mac5,1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back