Contribute
Register

I made a huge mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you install Clover in Legacy mode it installs to the /EFI folder on the system partition instead of the EFI partition.

I see from the image that you attached to Post #3 that you have an /Extra folder on your system partition.
This was typically used in the past for the Chimera / Chameleon boot loader, not sure why you would have that.

To find the drive containing Clover disconnect all drives then test them one at a time.

No more ideas.

Last edited:
I doubt I can offer anything more concrete than my colleague @P1LGRIM has already, but my feeling is that if you have an H55 system you will boot Legacy, not UEFI.

If you had installed UEFI Clover my other feeling is that it would be in "disk3" so at "disk3s1". Disk 4 is a synthesised APFS container where Mojave resides, and that's on physical disk 3.

You seem to have a Sierra installation in there too. Disconnect for now, disk 1.

Your screens seem to show no Clover folder in any EFI partition, and as @P1LGRIM says, the "Extra" folder in root implies a previous bootloader. Your EFI-Backups folder has no Clover tree in it so isn't as expected either.

If you still can't boot I'd suggest creating a new Legacy Clover UniBeast installer USB stick for Mojave to get you back in to the system.

Last edited:
If you install Clover in Legacy mode it installs to the /EFI folder on the system partition instead of the EFI partition.
Yeah, I did use Legacy mode.
The thing is, I don't see any 'EFI' folder, just the "EFI-Backups" folder.

So, those hidden 'boot' files. Are those Mac boot files or Clover?
I see from the image that you attached to Post #3 that you have an /Extra folder on your system partition.
This was typically used in the past for the Chimera /Chameleon boot loader, not sure why you would have that.
Most likely because I used Migration Assistant to go from a Chimera hacked system a Clover hacked system, and then migrated to an iMac. And sure, that was probably a major no-no, what with Migration Assistant's ham-fisted, all-or-none method. Anyway, I haven't noticed any problems with that in 3 years of working.

Hey, I'm a very creative person, but not real sharp on the technical side. : ) Building a hackintosh was really going outside my comfort zone.
To find the drive containing Clover disconnect all drives then test them one at a time.
Will give that a try. Thank you for all your help.

I doubt I can offer anything more concrete than my colleague @P1LGRIM has already, but my feeling is that if you have an H55 system you will boot Legacy, not UEFI.
Yep, I installed Clover in Legacy mode.
You seem to have a Sierra installation in there too. Disconnect for now, disk 1.
Will do. I was keeping it plugged in out of convenience, but I can see how that impedes troubleshooting.
Your screens seem to show no Clover folder in any EFI partition, and as @P1LGRIM says, the "Extra" folder in root implies a previous bootloader. Your EFI-Backups folder has no Clover tree in it so isn't as expected either.
I gave my hysterical answer to this in the post above.
If you still can't boot I'd suggest creating a new Legacy Clover UniBeast installer USB stick for Mojave to get you back in to the system.
Thanks for your time and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back