Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
I had many problems trying to figure out my graphics card compatibility on my first build. I made many fresh installs over the course, when ultimately it was a simple fix. During that time, I would link my iCloud account, and I would get an email from Apple notifying me that my account was being used on a new computer (About 5 or 6 times).

Did it generate a new serial number each time I made an install, and if so, am I raising any flags to Apple? I ask, because I'd like to try Clover, since it seems to have easier compatibility with iMessage (even though I know it's down for everyone right now) and updates.

I had many problems trying to figure out my graphics card compatibility on my first build. I made many fresh installs over the course, when ultimately it was a simple fix. During that time, I would link my iCloud account, and I would get an email from Apple notifying me that my account was being used on a new computer (About 5 or 6 times).

Did it generate a new serial number each time I made an install, and if so, am I raising any flags to Apple? I ask, because I'd like to try Clover, since it seems to have easier compatibility with iMessage (even though I know it's down for everyone right now) and updates.

I'm pretty sure Clover generates a new S/N every time you do a fresh install based on your hardware specs if you haven't defined one in Clover's config.plist. You can change that in Clover Configurator (recommended), as it has an SMBIOS / S/N generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back