Contribute
Register

I Keep getting Unknown CPU warnings and am unable to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87-HD3
CPU
Intel i5-4670K
Graphics
EVGA GT 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I made this build last year and had it working fairly well. I was never able to boot without the usb key but oh well. I updated to Yosemite and since then my computer has been very unstable. I managed to boot up a few times in safe boot, but it froze and when I boot Verbose i get "WARNING: IOPLatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDinfo: this is an unknown CPU model." I cannot get passed this and booting into safe mode barely works and freezes constantly. When I first get to the boot loader screen when I select the Yosemite disc in safe mode it doesn't recognize and I have to boot using the USB icon. Any help would be great. Im not sure what I am doing wrong but I sure would like to fix it.

My HW is this:
MB Gigabyte Z87-HD3
CPU Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHZ
RAM 2X Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600mhz
GPU EVGA GT-2048MB GDDR3

I made this build last year and had it working fairly well. I was never able to boot without the usb key but oh well. I updated to Yosemite and since then my computer has been very unstable. I managed to boot up a few times in safe boot, but it froze and when I boot Verbose i get "WARNING: IOPLatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDinfo: this is an unknown CPU model." I cannot get passed this and booting into safe mode barely works and freezes constantly. When I first get to the boot loader screen when I select the Yosemite disc in safe mode it doesn't recognize and I have to boot using the USB icon. Any help would be great. Im not sure what I am doing wrong but I sure would like to fix it.

My HW is this:
MB Gigabyte Z87-HD3
GPU EVGA GT-2048MB GDDR3

So this is an upgrade. Right?

After installing Yosemite, have you ran latest MultiBeast with proper selections??

Have you tried to boot without caches (-f)??

How you connected your Monitor??? Use DVI-DVI or HDMI-HDMI connection. Avoid VGA and converters.

Yes this is an upgrade. For a while I was able to boot into safe mode and there I ran the latest version of multi beast. When I try to boot with -f or -x i get a missing disc error and have to select the usb icon and boot in but the graphics are very low res. My monitor is plugged vga to vga directly into the motherboard.

My multi beast options are.

Drivers:
Audio: realtec ALC892 (My audio never worked though)
Misc: OvOreboot, FaceSMC v6.9.1315 HW application
Network: Realtek AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6

Yes this is an upgrade. For a while I was able to boot into safe mode and there I ran the latest version of multi beast. When I try to boot with -f or -x i get a missing disc error and have to select the usb icon and boot in but the graphics are very low res. My monitor is plugged vga to vga directly into the motherboard.

My multi beast options are.

Drivers:
Audio: realtec ALC892 (My audio never worked though)
Misc: OvOreboot, FaceSMC v6.9.1315 HW application
Network: Realtek AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6

VGA not supported on Yosemite.

As per your update, your monitor is connected to motherboard so are you not using the GT 640 card??

I plan on upgrading my monitor as soon as possible so I can use my graphics card but for now I would be happy just getting my computer working.

I plan on upgrading my monitor as soon as possible so I can use my graphics card but for now I would be happy just getting my computer working.

Now are you able to boot without -x??

no. I can barely boot with -x.

My HW is this:
MB Gigabyte Z87-HD3
GPU EVGA GT-2048MB GDDR3

Are you using the F8 BIOS for the best CPU support with the motherboard?
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4489#bios

I have the GA-H87-HD3, with an i5-4440 & Asus GT 640-20048MB GDDR3 card.

I think that these are the best settings for you to use with Yosemite.

View attachment GA-Z87-HD3.mb

I re-installed yosemite and re ran multi beast with the settings you recommended and i was able to boot out of safe mode. Thank you very much for the help. Yosemite is very glitchy still and I can't get the resolution to work out right. Do you think I need to upgrade my monitor for it to work? Also what are your Bios settings?

I just also realized that my computer does not recognize my ethernet connection and cannot play audio.
it can barely load programs also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back