Motherboard
HP Z600
CPU
2x Xeon X5570
Graphics
Quadro 4000 (2GB)
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have a few questions that I think may solve my problems. First of all, is it better to have a macOS only system or to have a dual-booting system? I would prefer to have a dual-booting system, but I would really like macOS if I had to have a single-boot system. Second thing, how do I solve the problem where, as soon as I get to the install screen, my keyboard and mouse don't work? It's very annoying because then I have no means of input to complete the install with, and after the attempts the mouse behaves weirdly with Windows. It's like, when I move it, it moves but then goes straight back to this one specific spot. I had to change mice because my old one would no longer work properly. And finally, what would be the right model identifier and multibeast configuration for my specs? I don't know whether I have to inject NVIDIA for my graphics card, either.

My attempts so far have either resulted in the USB problem as described above, or a weird type of kernel panic where the verbose text gets corrupted and the prohibition circle appears as if I'm missing vital system files. I know I'm not, because I left the USB in there until Unibeast was finished.

In case you need to know them, here are the Unibeast settings I used:

Install to 8gb USB formatted as macOS Extended (Journaled)
macOS Sierra 10.12.3
Legacy boot mode
Inject NVIDIA

There you go. These issues have really been causing me troubles, and I hope there's someone out there that knows the solution to all of these. Thanks guys.

IMG_0004.JPG

The corrupted text in the kernel panic.

IMG_0015.JPG

What it looked like before.

Your image with the prohibitory symbol shows "Still waiting for root device".

When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.

Your image with the prohibitory symbol shows "Still waiting for root device".

When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.

All I have are USB2 ports. I tried what you said, but there seems to be this issue where the USB ports stop working or the flash drive ejects when Sierra is booting. I don't think it is the flash drive itself, and it is the only flash drive I have.

All I have are USB2 ports. I tried what you said, but there seems to be this issue where the USB ports stop working or the flash drive ejects when Sierra is booting. I don't think it is the flash drive itself, and it is the only flash drive I have.

This thread may help you - If not try the forum Search tool.

I looked at the thread, but I'm on a tight budget here. Is there any way I could do it without spending any money at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back