Contribute
Register

I have Ruined my Macbook Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bnd555

I wouldnt say that your EFI chip is bricked, it just needs to be reprogrammed.

Since my original post, i thought it be best to try and not use Method 1. I was able to reprogram my original EFI chip without desoldering it from the logic board. I reflashed the chip with my original information (serial number and logic board number). I am not saying that $10 to $20 isnt a bad deal, the problem is that you'll be giving them your serial# which doesnt fly well (at least for me).
Did this work?

I not only did this stupid mistake to my iMac but to a friends laptop 8( (boots to chimes exactly like yours, after trying to start the Mac off of the USB Sierra installer.) stupid me! Help! Is the reprogramming (etc) of the EEPROM or EFI my only solution!?! He needs his computer by morning! Aaaaahhhh! I first did it to the computer I made the installer on, a sierra running iMac 2013 21 inch computer I fixed up. The laptop is a beautiful 128gig May, 2015 beauty and had no cause to loop due to hardware ...obviously I don't know what I'm doing...I thought I did but software stumps me!
Power on and press Cmd + R
Then you can reinstall the operating system.

Thanks. Tried that plus all the apple keyboard shortcuts I could find. Reset pram etc... no go. On either machine ....
(thanks though)

Did this work?

Haven't been around lately as I've been busy at work.

To answer your question - yes it did. I am currently posting using the computer that was previously bricked. If you are still looking to repair these machines, please send me a PM and I can forward you the information that you'll need to make the fixes.

***Note: unbricking your machines, will take hours of research. I can't say that it's easy and it will definitely take more than 1 day.

I found an EFI supplier on Ebay, they even offer to program system serial number to EFI so that we do not loose apple identity. Yet to replace the EFI though.

Interesting, once I tried to boot a 15" Retina MBP 2012 with Clover (the dGPU died and I wanted to disable it trough the bootloader), and was also stuck in the chime loop. Removing the SSD and furiously spamming the PRAM reset and SMC Reset for a good 10 minutes (sometimes also disconnecting the battery) solved the issue (well it booted until the dGPU randomly died again).

Haven't been around lately as I've been busy at work.

To answer your question - yes it did. I am currently posting using the computer that was previously bricked. If you are still looking to repair these machines, please send me a PM and I can forward you the information that you'll need to make the fixes.

***Note: unbricking your machines, will take hours of research. I can't say that it's easy and it will definitely take more than 1 day.

Hi xenoshroud,
can you please give me more details of how you done it? I bricked also my mac mini just by booting a macos sierra stick with clover. I ordered just in case also an efi rom chip from ebay..but would be nice to do it without soldering and also keeping my serial number.

Hello,

Please Xenoshroud can you help me, I have this issue! Can you send me details on how to fix as I cant find any way to PM you?

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back