Contribute
Register

I have Ruined my Macbook Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been around lately as I've been busy at work.
To answer your question - yes it did. I am currently posting using the computer that was previously bricked. If you are still looking to repair these machines, please send me a PM and I can forward you the information that you'll need to make the fixes.

xenoshroud, could you please post the procedure to fix the EFI? I bricked an iMac. I found an EFI dump on ghostlyhaks but reflashing it (with or without cleaning it first) resulted in a Mac that didn't boot at all. Reflashing the original EFI takes me back to the boot loop. Do you know how to fix the original dump (i.e. do you know where Clover damages the EFI firmware) or know about another source for EFI dumps?

xenoshroud, could you please post the procedure to fix the EFI? I bricked an iMac. I found an EFI dump on ghostlyhaks but reflashing it (with or without cleaning it first) resulted in a Mac that didn't boot at all. Reflashing the original EFI takes me back to the boot loop. Do you know how to fix the original dump (i.e. do you know where Clover damages the EFI firmware) or know about another source for EFI dumps?
This thread may help you :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...clover-on-a-real-mac-can-be-dangerous.229629/

Thank you P1LGRIM, but I already tried the procedure described in that tread, but got no success... I have no problem reading/writing the EEPROM with my Raspberry, but reflashing the new EFI with or without ME region gave no result; it's not clear if the EFI available on ghostlyhaks is correct, as some signatures in the dump seem missing. Sadly I got no replies posting questions on that ste.

Doesn't matter anymore, I succeeded by myself this night. I re-edited the clean EFI I downloaded using UEFI Tool to replace the ME section (taken from my original EFI) and this time it re-assembled correctly, as reflashing it on the Mac revived it.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
Hooray!

I just noticed a strange glitch... The iMac is working fine, but it cannot recognize more than two RAM modules. It knows that 4 slots are present, but doesn't matter which modules I install (size/number/position), it will always view 2 modules.
angry.png
angry.png

Solved! After applying latest firmware update the iMac recognizes all 4 slots. I presume that the firmware I flashed (the only one available) was for a 21.5" model, that has only 2 memory slot. Finally an happy end...

lol Tonymacx86 removed my original post on the grounds of profanity, is this a Christian forum?
and after reviewing some recent post I actually did what wallybear did but on hardware level (without using a real ROM programmer, the SAM port is built-in in every Mac post-2013). Props to you!

xenoshroud also foretold what I needed to do 3 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back