i3-9100F
Graphics
AMD R9 390 Nitro
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
So, currently I have 1 VGA monitor connected to my hackintosh (high serria). My mother board only supports VGA and display port, but I have a VGA only monitor. Currently I have no QE/CI even with HD 3000 and when I go to about this matter Mac, it displays Intel HD 3000 7MB. So my question is, will a display port to VGA adapter work to get me full QE/QI?

Last edited:
So my question is, will a display port to VGA adapter work to get me full QE/QI?

@isaacholtis,

No it wont, Hardware acceleration is a function of the MacOS Driver with the IGPU, not the type of display attached.

Having said that MacOS dropped support for Native VGA a long time ago so you may be better served going forward with an ACTIVE DP to VGA adapter, no not use a passive DP to VGA adapter it will not work.

Unfortunately HD 3000 has always been glitchy on MacOS but it should be possible to at least get it working with the correct amount of VRAM which should then enable hardware acceleration.

The usual cause is that the DVMT-Prealloc setting is too low, MacOS expects it to be at least 64MB, check your BIOS and see if you can raise the DVMT-Prealloc to 64MB or more, however not all BIOS's support this setting (especially old hardware like you have) in which case you will need to look at alternatives.

The easy method is to use the minStolenSize patch via WhatEverGreen but it does not work with all systems, failing that it is possible to modify the framebuffer to use whatever size your BIOS assigns. It is also possible to manually set the DVMT pre-alloc size via an EFI shell command that directly modifies the CMOS settings but the process comes with a high risk of bricking the motherboard if you get things wrong so is not recommended for novices.

Use the search function at the top of the page to find guides and posts that might be of help.

For Example:-

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back