Contribute
Register

I have decided to hack eMac's CRT (To work with any standard motherboard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockyill wen i try to upload your sketch to the arduino i recieve an error (And no load).
See print screen.
can you help me?
Captura de pantalla 2017-01-16 a las 10.30.55 a.m..png

Rockyill wen i try to upload your sketch to the arduino i recieve an error (And no load).
See print screen.
can you help me?View attachment 230657

o.k.

For whatever reason when I posted the code on this forum, after it was analyzed, the brackets were removed. there are supposed to be brackets after the array with the index variable "i" "edid [ i ]" <code>edid</code>

I really haven't had time to test this code but I had mixed results with it. I would try and get the CRT portion of it working first
and slowly integrate this code into that sketch. The problem here is that you're going to have to switch between master and slave.

Let me know how it goes.

godd luck!

By the way the extension for the ivad init code sketch is wrong
https://github.com/qbancoffee/emac_ivad_board_init

the extension for the sketch should be ino instead of io and it should be placed in a folder named the same as the filename.
I'll get that fixed one day.....

Pictures of the ATX Psu adapted to the eMac aluminium HDD Carry. Fits great!!
It will be cooled by the original eMac Fan (Pluged to the ITX motherboard: Not the CPU fan connector, the other).
Also you can see a detail of and old emac side connector, cutted of the logicboard (This logicboard was in not good shape AT ALL. Dont worry, didnt busted a working logicboard).
P1020560.JPG
P1020559.JPG
P1020558.JPG
P1020557.JPG
P1020556.JPG
P1020555.JPG

looking very nice! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Rockyill is there a chance that you are able to make the scketch for my arduino?
I need:
1- at powering up the arduino (Plugued to a usb) wait for 5 seconds and send proper ivad i2c pattern to turn CRT.
Notice that not other behave needed: Just i2c.
2- Also will be just great to also, after ivad pattern, stay at adress 50 with EDID info to answer (To answer to Main VGA PC).
It is possible?

I was looking for any chance on google and a few forums mention the possibility of using another pins of the arduino as low speed i2c, using certain libraries (google "arduino i2c through software" and a lot of changes will apeare).

Hi, Patricio
What I'll do is grab the existing sketch and pull the external circuit stuff out of the code. I can't test it as I can't open up the eMac until next week or so.
Here is the link with the changes so that the arduino will send the init 5 seconds after being powered up.
I also kept the button press detect in there just in case.
https://github.com/qbancoffee/emac_ivad_board_init_no_relay

I think with a little work everything can be done with one arduino using the same i2c lines. I'll have to sit down and merge the
master and slave code so that the CRT is turned on and then the edid info is provided all in the same sketch.

I'll let you know when I get it working.

Hi, Patricio
What I'll do is grab the existing sketch and pull the external circuit stuff out of the code. I can't test it as I can't open up the eMac until next week or so.
Here is the link with the changes so that the arduino will send the init 5 seconds after being powered up.
I also kept the button press detect in there just in case.
https://github.com/qbancoffee/emac_ivad_board_init_no_relay

Thanks man. Much apreciated your help. Will test it this weekend and let you know how it turns (Using the eeprom i already have with emac edid). Chears and thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back