Contribute
Register

I have attached a zip archive with efi GA-Z370-P-D3. sleep ok, wake up ok but no video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Yes Intel UHD 630 coffe lake
2.No other card added
3.Acceleration onboard
4.The mouse pointer not has a shadow
5.Yes the Dock is semi-transparent
6.Yes LaunchPad starts smoothly, without jerks, and closes the same
7.Yez all screensavers all work fine.- on the screen, when you open a web page or a document, pressing Ctrl + Up or Ctrl + Down the content scrolls smoothly to the end,
function All Best
8.VDA Decoder failed in picture screenshot.
9.Cable hdmi to dvi Eizo Monitor...
Hello, I attach the new EFI, these are the changes:

- Passed to OpenCore 0.6.4.

- Kexts, drivers and tools without modifications.

- config.plist:
  • In boot-args you have 2 times -v, I remove one
  • I add code in DeviceProperties for the iGPU, this code seeks that it is well recognized (VDA Decoder fully supported in Hackintool) and that it comes out of sleep well. It is a very simple code because we do not know the internal configuration of the iGPU connectors but we are going to start with this. Disadvantage: if HDMI sound is used from iGPU to monitor, with this code that option is lost, the reason is that to fix the failure of iGPUs that do not come out well from sleep it is necessary to remove HDMI sound option from graphics card, but you connect by DVI so you don't have this problem.
  • SMBIOS changed to iMac18,1 for 2 reasons: it is a model that only has iGPU, like yours, and the CPU is 9th generation, like yours.
Replace your EFI with the one attached.

Note1: whenever you change to a different EFI, on the first boot do ResetNVRAM.

Note2: Keep a good bootable USB stick so you can reach macOS if my EFI fails.

I can't find a USB port map for your motherboard. For now you stay as before, with USBInkectAll in Kexts + XhciPortLimit true in config.plist, do all USB work? At their correct speed?

Attachments

• EFI-0.6.4-z370.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
Thank you very much. I will come back with an answer after I try this efi.
:thumbup:

I tried to be created by you, Run the apple loads to the end but the home screen dekstop does not work, The monitor goes into standby led

I tried to be created by you, Run the apple loads to the end but the home screen desktop does not work, The monitor goes into standby led
Sorry.
I put iMac18,1 in config.plist because it is a Mac that only has iGPU but is from a different family than yours. I see that it does not work, because of the chosen Mac model or because of the code related to the iGPU or both.
I have changed the model from SMBIOS to iMac19,1 which has Intel UHD 630 Coffee Lake like yours and I have also changed the device-id key to 9B3E0000.
Change only the config.plist file, the rest of the EFI folder leave it the same.

Attachments

• config.plist
    15.1 KB · Views: 41
@Neamtu
Does your iGPU have any DisplayPort? If yes, try a DisplayPort to DVI cable. DisplayPort is known to be more compatible with macOS than HDMI.

Hi! I tried this config.plist.I introduced it in efi.It is ok, but the same as the first message: everything works perfectly, when you go to sleep does not wake up UHD630 video Hdmi to Dvi cable output. I have no DisplayPort video output.

Hi! I tried this config.plist.I introduced it in efi.It is ok, but the same as the first message: everything works perfectly, when you go to sleep does not wake up UHD630 video Hdmi to Dvi cable output. I have no DisplayPort video output.
I can't think of more things to propose to you. I don't know how to fix that when coming back from sleep.
I still think you have to try the USB port map, if you dare to do it, these (easier for me) or these instructions can help you to get your own USBMap.kext to place next to the other kexts. Maybe this could help solve your problem.
Another option is to put an external graphics card in the first PCIe slot of your motherboard carrying the image to the display and leaving the iGPU only as an aid for encoding tasks. Of those that are available and we know that they work on macOS, many of us use AMD RX 580 which works very well and is not the most expensive.

Hi! Thanks for the kindness and promptness. I think I will try the version with AMD RX from the 580 series and I think I will love the idea of being able to use DisplayPort. I need it for raw photo editing. (Argb 10.10.10.) From what I see these video cards are perfect for editing, and my Eizo Corporation monitor has VA panel wide range of colors. Anyway until I buy such a video card I will use screen saver or turn off the computer manually to don't fall asleep anymore. Thank you very much for your time.

Hi! Thanks for the kindness and promptness. I think I will try the version with AMD RX from the 580 series and I think I will love the idea of being able to use DisplayPort. I need it for raw photo editing. (Argb 10.10.10.) From what I see these video cards are perfect for editing, and my Eizo Corporation monitor has VA panel wide range of colors. Anyway until I buy such a video card I will use screen saver or turn off the computer manually to don't fall asleep anymore. Thank you very much for your time.
The RX 580 card displays "Framebuffer Depth: 30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)". Eizo makes excellent monitors. If you're into video editing, it's worth switching to an external graphics card.
When you do, do not forget to put the iGPU in headless mode in config.plist, find out how to do it or comment here and we will help you.

Thanks a lot ! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back