CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm a happy user with Catalina and Clover 5104 but lately I've found strange things. Onboard audio did not work anymore. There were updates for some kexts and my graphics were glitching in boot. Now it does not boot anymore. See the message attached. Does any one have a clue? I want to switch to OpenCore at some point.

This shows up when i boot with args -x -f -s

IMG_6474.JPG

I'm a happy user with Catalina and Clover 5104 but lately I've found strange things. Onboard audio did not work anymore. There were updates for some kexts and my graphics were glitching in boot. Now it does not boot anymore. See the message attached. Does any one have a clue? I want to switch to OpenCore at some point.

This shows up when i boot with args -x -f -s

View attachment 541604

Hi there.

Nothing there to tell us what's happening. Please reboot with only -v (verbose) as your boot command, then upload a grab of that where it stops etc.

:)

Some people had to downgrade the version of AppleALC.kext they were using, as the latest was not working with their Audio Codec. The current version of AppleALC.kext is 1.6.8. Try booting with v 1.6.6 or 1.6.5 instead see if that fixes the Audio issue. You will need to undo any changes/fixes you have attempted while trying to fix the audio issue.

Booting in Single User mode, with the (-s) boot argument will not show you what is wrong. Neither will booting in Safe mode with (-x) or without Caches (-f), if the latter even works still.

IF you don't know what a boot argument is used for, it is best not to use it.

We can't see what is causing the kernel panic from that image.

Best you post a copy of your EFI folder, so we can see what you are using.

Remember to delete/redact the Serial Number from your config.plist before you post a copy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back