Graphics
On Board, Intel Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I wanted info, if I could get 4 HDD's and a ATX board to fit comfortably in a Mac G4 case I have sitting in my brothers room?
I need all possible solutions...

I want to keep the original look as much as possible.

Is water cooling wise?
4 drives because I do pro audio, 1 SSD for Mac boot, 1 SSD for PC Windows boot, 1 HHD for mac data & 1 for Windows data.
Im debating whether to use a Mac G4 i have sitting in brothers room, purchase a G5 or Mac Pro case....Please Help

Well, It can be done, but I wouldn't advice going full ATX, it's a hard fit and you'll have hell modding it to fit. If you use the little room available within the case you could probably fit all the Harddrives in there, however the same there, little room and then there is the heat issue. Water cooling also takes space, something there isn't much of in these cases - it all really depends on how heavily you are wiling to mod the case, and what things you can/cannot live without.

Hope that helps, surf around and take inspiration from other builds on here!

Hello Roeriddler,

Like Thin Soldier said, ATX can be done, but it will involve a lot of cutting... Do You need full ATX? Best choice is still mATX, i think. I saw one thread by someone, he put a ATX mobo into a G3/4 case, maybe You can find it.
Do You really need water-cooling? I have my 2500k mildly over clocked to 3.6 ghz, i´ve got a good cpu cooler, i guess i could clock higher, but theres no need. What do You use Your rig for?
I have three drives installed in my G4. Two SSDs stacked and a HDD, all at the bottom of the case, no problem there. I will probably move the SSDs up, beneath the optical drive, lots of space there, because i installed a slim drive. IMHO four drives should fit into the G4.
You´re welcome to surf my thread,

Olli

both cases are plenty big enough for a full atx it is just left to your own discretion how you tackle fitting them in as the guy before says its a little more tricky.
I have only looked at a couple of threads on here but they all seem to opt for mATX and smaller.

Water cooling is expensive and from what i can see does not yield such great results for all that extra money. not needed
i would still have it given the choice :lol:

Yeah probably going to be hard to fit in water cooling, never worked on a quicksilver but in the old sawtooth cases there isn't much room :)

4 hard disks you can probably fit, if you can find any old pc cases pull out the hard disk cage an just bolt it in, that's the easy way:p Though the Sawtooth case doesn't have brilliant ventilation, so that's another thing to consider too. If you need heaps of storage get a really big hard drive (or two) like a 4tb or something like that, will save power and less heat:thumbup:

ATX is definitely possible, but looks like a bit of extra work so I just went for mATX since I'm lazy:lol:
Good luck!

So I wanted info, if I could get 4 HDD's and a ATX board to fit comfortably in a Mac G4 case I have sitting in my brothers room?
I need all possible solutions...

I want to keep the original look as much as possible.

Is water cooling wise?
4 drives because I do pro audio, 1 SSD for Mac boot, 1 SSD for PC Windows boot, 1 HHD for mac data & 1 for Windows data.
Im debating whether to use a Mac G4 i have sitting in brothers room, purchase a G5 or Mac Pro case....Please Help

first: what CPU you want to use? what model of G4 do you have?
ATX is possible but you need to modify the case to fit it... i would reccomend a matx motherboard..
fitting an ATX is very very tricky but not impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back