Contribute
Register

I had working hackintosh but after attempt to upgrade can't start even old system.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7-2700K
Graphics
GeForce GTS 250 1024 MB
[edit: I started all over and got things working much better, using legacy boot mode (my mistake for not understanding I had a legacy system), but now I am working with another issue -- after doing a time machine restore the system hangs at startup. I have created a new thread here.]

Hi,

I hope someone can help me figure this out. I have an i7-2700k/GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard/GeForce GTS 250 1024 MB/TP Link wifi and was running fine with Chimera/Mountain Lion installed using unibeast and multibeast. I didn't want to mess with it and kept it as long as I could -- but then I started getting strange behaviors and certificate expirations and figured it was time.

I put in a new drive, maintaining the old on in case I wanted to go back. However, there is also another HD with windows in case I want to dual boot and apparently that is where the MBR is and where Chimera was, so even though the main Mac HD was removed, the new installation overwrote Chimera with Clover.

I installed El Capitan, and booted into the OS perfectly. However, when I ran Multibeast, everything stopped working. It would no longer boot (the white bar goes only halfway, then it hangs).

So...I wonder if this is something I can get past. I am happy with that processor, but if the old hardware is my problem I will purchase new items.

Thank you for the help. I'll be happy to upload screenshots or additional information as requested.

Last edited: