* i7 4770k CPU
* OCZ Technology Agility 3 Series AGT3-25SAT3-480G 480GB
* SanDisk Extreme SDSSDX-120G-G25 120GB
* Gigabyte GV-N670C-2GD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2048MB
* Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
* Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600
* Lite-On iHBS112 12x Blu-ray Burner
* TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter
* Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650M 650 Watt High Performance Modular Power Supply
* Corsair Vengeance Series C70 ATX Mid Tower Gaming Computer Case
* Corsair Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

System build went fine. My plan was to use the 480GB SSD and the 2TB HDD as a fusion drive and use the 120GB drive to install Windows 7 in parallels. For starters, I installed OSX on the 120GB drive and followed a guide for creating the fusion drive and cloned OSX to the new fusion drive. I installed Windows on parallels with no problems. The system was running fantastic.

THEN, I had some issues with Office for Mac 2011. Specifically, I couldn't find my key and the migration assistant didn't carry the license over. I followed some procedures for copying the plist files over from my other Mac with no success. Long story short, I ended up messing up the account permissions and decided it would just be easier to wipe everything and start over with a clean install.

So, I put my thumb drive back in and booted to the OSX installer. I used terminal to separate the fusion drive and I formatted all the drives. I then partitioned the 120GB drive following the instructions from this website just as I did the first time around. I installed OSX, rebooted with the thumb drive, installed Multibeast and rebooted. When I rebooted, I got the black screen with all the boot0: GPT, boot0: test, and boot0 error messages. I rebooted from the thumb drive and reran multibeast with the same results, followed the instructions to fix the advanced format drive problem, reinstalled from scratch again, all with the same boot0 message.

What am I missing? As far as I can tell, I'm doing the same thing I did the first time around that worked perfectly. The only thing I thought of today was that I messed around with some BIOS settings when I was trying to fix my sleep issue (which, by the way was a result of the H100i cooler, had to unplug the USB and then sleep worked great). Is there anything in the BIOS that I may have changed in my efforts to fix sleep that could be causing this now? I rebooted many times after my sleep issue was fixed and never had a problem. I am thinking I will try to restore the default BIOS settings and try to boot again.

I am using the GraphicsEnabler=NO setting in multibeast, which is necessary for using the video card.

Any ideas? Thanks.

If Mac OS X is installed onto your harddrive and not your SSD, chances are you've run into a boot0 error because of a 4K sector HDD. Try to look up for those fixes on Tonymacx86. These 4K drives cause issues with Chimera bootloader.

I've already tried everything in the boot0 guide with no luck. OSX is not installed on the hard drive, it's installed on a 120GB SSD.

Ok, I figured it out. For some strange and unknown reason the BIOS was not booting in my boot order. It was defaulting my other SSD that had no data on it. After updating the BIOS to F7 and reestablishing my boot order, it booted right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back