Contribute
Register

I get stuck at grey screen with apple logo after booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I open this link :https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
I receive this error on my webpage :Cannot connect to the real github.com

Works fine here. Must be an issue with your browser/internet settings/ISP.

Also

I have installed KernelPatcher module from Chameleon but still I have to boot from usb and type boot flag -x cpus=1

The error which I get on black screen without booting from usb is below

boot0:GPT
boot0:test
boot0:GPT
boot0:error

Use search next time.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

boot0 Error has vanished successfully . Now i am able to boot windows without usb but this time the apple white screen just flash and the laptop is restarted. I am unable to start windows after booting in simple words !

SIR I MISTAKENLY TYPED OS X MAVERICKA AS "WINDOWS".........I am not double booting!
I am asking you about my os x is not loading!

SIR I MISTAKENLY TYPED OS X MAVERICKA AS "WINDOWS".........I am not double booting!
I am asking you about my os x is not loading!

just to make it clear for you.

windows use FAT
mac OS X use HFS+
windows can't boot GUID
mac os x can't boot MBR
if you are try to install mac os on the same drive but on other partition it won't work. hybrid
windows will not boot.
mac will not boot because your laptop boot EFI/windows hidden partition

all the installed mac or windows have to be clean.
well there are ways for dual boot for hybrid and for mbr mac OS X.
do a research , tonymacx don't tolerate this modify mac OS X installer. so i can't detailed to you.

windows use FAT
mac OS X use HFS+
windows can't boot GUID
mac os x can't boot MBR
if you are try to install mac os on the same drive but on other partition it won't work. hybrid
windows will not boot.

do a research , tonymacx don't tolerate this modify mac OS X installer. so i can't detailed to you.

There are some technical errors in this post.

Windows installs to NTFS, not FAT.
Both OSX and Windows can use FAT for data.
OSX requires Apple's version of EFI booting, Windows can do EFI booting too. You can tell if it is installed for EFI booting by looking for the file with the 'efi' extension in the root of the partition Windows is installed in. It's the EFI firmware that boots the operation system since the EFI firmware can read some file systems and load the operating system directly. BIOS's could only read the Master Boot Record, and rely on the MBR data to load the operation system. EFI on PC motherboards don't recognize HFS+ natively, so can't load OSX directly.

GPT stands for GUID Partition Table. It is part of the EFI system that Intel developed and brought to PC's.
Windows most certainly can boot GPT, if it was installed that way. And that's a issue, Windows installs MBR or GPT depending on the environment found by the installer. You can't boot a EFI Windows install MBR, or the reverse.

OSX and Windows can be installed to the same physical drive, it's just takes more work.

There are some technical errors in this post.
Windows installs to NTFS, not FAT.
Both OSX and Windows can use FAT for data.

dude don't copy paste to me from google, \
from windows 7 to 8.1 can only be on NTFS.
Mac cannot use FAT , thats why Clover Fat efi partition need to be emulate to be mount.
so keep that copy/paste to yourself i don't need it. take a look
to my macbook air ... Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 3.11.50 AM.png
and go buy you too , one. so you can be more relaxing and flexing.

Mac cannot use FAT , thats why Clover Fat efi partition need to be emulate to be mount.

Not correct. OS X can read/write to FAT, FAT32, and exFAT volumes.

- - - Updated - - -

boot0 Error has vanished successfully . Now i am able to boot windows without usb but this time the apple white screen just flash and the laptop is restarted. I am unable to start windows OS X after booting in simple words !

Did you disable Radeon from BIOS? If you can't, remove the Radeon kexts (AMD*, ATI*).

windows use FAT
mac OS X use HFS+
windows can't boot GUID
mac os x can't boot MBR
windows will not boot.

DEAR SIR PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO BOOT ....Now my laptop boot without usb but when the apple white screen comes my screen flashes and restarted
I have tried to use cpus=1 but no success
I HAVE DONE NO WINDOWS ON MY LAPTOP ...MY PARTITION IS GUID AND I AM RUNNING ONLY OS X MAVERICKS!

DEAR SIR PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO BOOT ....Now my laptop boot without usb but when the apple white screen comes my screen flashes and restarted
I have tried to use cpus=1 but no success
I HAVE DONE NO WINDOWS ON MY LAPTOP ...MY PARTITION IS GUID AND I AM RUNNING ONLY OS X MAVERICKS!

Did you disable Radeon? Boot verbose (-v) and record what is on your screen just prior to the reboot. Post the photo here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back