Contribute
Register

I get a System Uptime in nanoseconds error with my Samsung RF511 - s05 - Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7 2670
Graphics
GT 540M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I was able to run up until a finished installation of Mavericks with my first DSDT - SSDT files (DSDT-SSDT-INSTALL-OK.zip - View attachment DSDT-SSDT-INSTALL-OK.zip), but when my laptop reboots, it gets to a boot error where it cant find a bootable disk, and then when I try to boot the partition through the installer (i tried booting through it and then select the partition where I installed Mavericks), I get the "System Uptime in nanoseconds error";

My laptop config is:

Intel i7 2670QM 2.2Ghz
Intel HD3000 / Nvidia GT 540M
6GB DDR3 RAM

I've read this post and the replies of RehabMan (link), so I tried fixing my Installation's Power management.

This is the Multibeast Config that I used:

DSDT Free
3rd Party SATA
FakeSMC
NullCPUPowerManagement
AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Chimera 2.2.1
Basic Boot
Generate CPU States
Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Use KernelCache
Verbose Boot
MacBook Pro 8,1

I tried another DSDT-SSDT config (View attachment My-DSDT-SSDT-SAM-RF511-s05.zip found it somewhere in the forums, forgot where o_O )

and this time it instantly gives me a similar "System Uptime in nanoseconds error" like this

IMG_20140209_040728.jpg

I've removed NVDA kexts for both setups to make it past the Graphics Error but I'm really stuck up to this point.. I've also put a lot into making the usb installer (3+ weeks, I'm new to mac but I can follow instructions) so I'm really frustrated right now...

can anyone kindly help me with this problem? Any solution would be definitely be appreciated.

thank you for the reply RehabMan, I read your post in that link and I have a few questions:

Do I have to generate a DSDT file using the HP Pro Book Installer?

I actually ran into problems with that because I'm using VMWare to create the installer, the problem is that the installer fails to install PBI 6.1.12...is there an alternative to that one?

and do I have to format my USB installer and start making the installer from scratch to fix Power Management? or can I carry on with my current installer?

looking forward to your next reply

thank you for the reply RehabMan, I read your post in that link and I have a few questions:

Do I have to generate a DSDT file using the HP Pro Book Installer?

Read carefully. You generate an SSDT (not DSDT) using the ProBook Installer.

I actually ran into problems with that because I'm using VMWare to create the installer, the problem is that the installer fails to install PBI 6.1.12...is there an alternative to that one?

Creating an installer does not involve the ProBook Installer.

and do I have to format my USB installer and start making the installer from scratch to fix Power Management? or can I carry on with my current installer?

looking forward to your next reply

Power management is something you do after installing.

Thank you for the response, here's an update:

Okay, I'm confused and mixed up DSDT for SSDT... im lost with what to do next right now, but here's what I did:

*I have my current USB Flash Installer loaded with a Mavericks OS X Installer (I've been changing kexts and DSDT files and so on...)

1. I installed a Multibeast Config like this to my current USB Installer:
"- UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> System -> Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
(be sure to select the version appropriate for the version of OS X you have installed)
- Customization -> System Definitions -> MacBookPro8,1"

Result: System Uptime error

2. I'm really not sure how to use the Pro Book Installer, but I tried it anyways, I checked the "SSDT generator" and pointed it to my USB installer.

Result: failed installation

I don't know what to do now, I'm trying to install Mavericks but it just keeps on getting more complicated to me..

I'm thinking that I need to start from scratch,
can you please kindly tell me what should I do first?

You're really helping me out by clarifying what I'm doing wrong, I look forward to your next reply.

Thank you for the response, here's an update:

Okay, I'm confused and mixed up DSDT for SSDT... im lost with what to do next right now, but here's what I did:

*I have my current USB Flash Installer loaded with a Mavericks OS X Installer (I've been changing kexts and DSDT files and so on...)

1. I installed a Multibeast Config like this to my current USB Installer:
"- UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> System -> Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
(be sure to select the version appropriate for the version of OS X you have installed)
- Customization -> System Definitions -> MacBookPro8,1"

Result: System Uptime error

For power management, follow the instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html.

To boot your system now, try typing these flags:
DropSSDT=Y GenerateCStates=Y GeneratePStates=Y

2. I'm really not sure how to use the Pro Book Installer, but I tried it anyways, I checked the "SSDT generator" and pointed it to my USB installer.

Result: failed installation

What CPU is in your laptop? Do you have an /Extra folder (you should if you followed the instructions for power management).

I tried typing the flags: DropSSDT=Y GenerateCStates=Y GeneratePStates=Y

I got system uptime error still

new-screen.jpg

I have an i7 2670QM 2.2Ghz CPU, It's a Sandy Bridge as far as I know..

I also have an /Extra folder in, it has the dsdt, ssdt, smbios, and other files.

I tried typing the flags: DropSSDT=Y GenerateCStates=Y GeneratePStates=Y

I got system uptime error still

View attachment 82870

I have an i7 2670QM 2.2Ghz CPU, It's a Sandy Bridge as far as I know..

I also have an /Extra folder in, it has the dsdt, ssdt, smbios, and other files.

You probably have an incorrect SSDT in /Extra/ssdt.aml. Try removing it.

Here's the content of my /Extra folder now

Extra.jpg

...and /Extra/Extensions (if it matters)

Extra-Extensions.jpg

When I checked the usb, I thought I had an SSDT file but it wasn't in there..I'll try it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back