Contribute
Register

I get a System Uptime in nanoseconds error with my Samsung RF511 - s05 - Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that I don't have a DSDT, can I just use the ones that I have before? Otherwise I'll figure out how to make one from scratch

All computers have a DSDT. Run MaciASL when you have no /Extra/dsdt.aml and it will extract your native DSDT.

All computers have a DSDT. Run MaciASL when you have no /Extra/dsdt.aml and it will extract your native DSDT.

i have 1 error and 2 warnings when I compiled (no patches yet)

error 4080 Invalid object type for reserved name (found INTEGER, requires Buffer)

warnings:
1088 Not all control paths return a value (_CRS)
1081 Reserved method must return a value (Buffer required for _CRS)

I'm trying to google error 4080, hope I can fix that and the warnings,
I was wondering if you know how to fix the error, can you please tell me how to?

*Here's my DSDT file, if ever you need it for reference View attachment acpi_dsdt.aml

i have 1 error and 2 warnings when I compiled (no patches yet)

error 4080 Invalid object type for reserved name (found INTEGER, requires Buffer)

warnings:
1088 Not all control paths return a value (_CRS)
1081 Reserved method must return a value (Buffer required for _CRS)

I'm trying to google error 4080, hope I can fix that and the warnings,
I was wondering if you know how to fix the error, can you please tell me how to?

*Here's my DSDT file, if ever you need it for reference View attachment 83014

I'm pretty sure TPMX._CRS should return CRS... patch:
Code:
into method label _CRS parent_label TPMX replace_content begin Return(CRS) end;

Thanks! that patch fixed error 4080, but now I have another error

error 4064 Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1)

error 4064 Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1)

never mind that, I fixed it by following this thread:
HD Graphics 4000 Laptop Brightness Control

it probably was the order of applying the patches...

I patched these in order:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"HD3000 High Resolution"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"

and then
Code:
[/COLOR][COLOR=#3E3E3E]into method label _CRS parent_label TPMX replace_content begin Return(CRS) end;[/COLOR][COLOR=#3E3E3E]

compile DSDT with no errors
:mrgreen:

I'm running the installation now using these flags:
GraphicsEnabler=N IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=00010000 -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

I'll post my results later, thank you very much for your help and patience so far :D

I was able to install Mavericks successfully, Thank you very much for your help! :beachball::headbang::beachball:

Although I noticed that my LAN doesn't work, what can I do to make it connect to the internet?

Also, I was trying to dual boot my hard disk, I've already done these:

-Format Disk to GUID/GPT in 3 partitions (1 for Mac, 1 for Win7(FAT), and a Shared(FAT))
-Installed Mavericks on Mac Partition
-Installed Win7 to Win7 Partition

the problem is that it doesn't boot properly, it says "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device"

Can you kindly help me with that problem?

I think I know what to do from here, I'll probably run Multibeast after the install and include the bootloader (Chimera), is that the part where these settings come in?

- UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> System -> Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
(be sure to select the version appropriate for the version of OS X you have installed)
- Customization -> System Definitions -> MacBookPro8,1

can I include the LAN/Network driver in the Multibeast settings?

I was able to install Mavericks successfully, Thank you very much for your help! :beachball::headbang::beachball:

Although I noticed that my LAN doesn't work, what can I do to make it connect to the internet?

Depends on what your Ethernet hardware is. Or are you referring to WiFi?

Use DPCIManager->PCI List to discover what hardware you have...

Also, I was trying to dual boot my hard disk, I've already done these:

-Format Disk to GUID/GPT in 3 partitions (1 for Mac, 1 for Win7(FAT), and a Shared(FAT))
-Installed Mavericks on Mac Partition
-Installed Win7 to Win7 Partition

the problem is that it doesn't boot properly, it says "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device"

Can you kindly help me with that problem?

I think I know what to do from here, I'll probably run Multibeast after the install and include the bootloader (Chimera), is that the part where these settings come in?

can I include the LAN/Network driver in the Multibeast settings?

Did you install a bootloader?

Dualboot guide is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

As for network, you first need to know what hardware you have... see above.

Depends on what your Ethernet hardware is. Or are you referring to WiFi?

Use DPCIManager->PCI List to discover what hardware you have...

I am aware that I need a wifi usb stick to connect to wifi, I was referring to the Ethernet.

My Ethernet hardware is "Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back