Contribute
Register

I don't know how to enable TRIM on 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i'll do it from here- https://www.cindori.org/software/trimenabler/
Will it works fine?
I know that there are problems with TRIM on 10.10 so i don't want any problems...

There is no problem on TRIM support on 10.10.3.

Run the below codes on Terminal, Reboot and check the TRIM Support

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

There is no problem on TRIM support on 10.10.3.

Run the below codes on Terminal, Reboot and check the TRIM Support

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
It asks me for password but i can't type..

never mined it works well
thank you :)

I encountered the same password problems...since I am clueless I kept trying for a couple of days & now trim is enabled.

Kept asking for password but couldn't type it in, then I would past the codes but stuck in this loop...like I said clueless but working now.

I encountered the same password problems...since I am clueless I kept trying for a couple of days & now trim is enabled.

Kept asking for password but couldn't type it in, then I would past the codes but stuck in this loop...like I said clueless but working now.

In terminal, it will not display the password. You just type your password correctly and press enter. If the password is wrongly entered then it will show the message "Sorry, try again".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back