Graphics
SLI'd MSI Twinfrozr GTX680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I seriously can't find the Extra folder within Macintosh HD. I need to edit Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist for full resolution graphics, but have zero idea where it could be??

10.7.3 on a x79 build.

Anybody? Bueller?

Hey hydromedusa,
Are you not seeing Extra in the Finder window? Might need to add the Mac HD to the left nav pane. Once you've added your Mac HD to the nav pane, select it and drill down into the folder structure. Extra is at the root of the file system. If that doesn't work open a Terminal session and type:

cd /Extra
ls

That should give you a directory listing of the Extra folder. Depending on how comfortable you are editing in the Terminal you can make any changes you need.

Good luck,
nomad9

go finder, then in menu bar select go, then computer, then select your boot drive. Should be in the top level

If not are you sure you've run multi beast/chimera correctly?

tom.humphrey said:
go finder, then in menu bar select go, then computer, then select your boot drive. Should be in the top level

If not are you sure you've run multi beast/chimera correctly?

I can see the boot drive properly and revealed all hidden files through some stuff in terminal, however i haven't run chimera. After installing it (chimera) last time, the OS wouldn't boot. Is chimera really necessary?

You need Chimera as it is the Bootloader, without it you must use the bootloader on iBoot Disk or a Unibeast USB to access the Hard Disk where youve installed Lion.

Click Finder, click Go (top of screen), click Go to Folder, type /Extra/, click Go, that is the Extra folder, inside you will find com.apple.Boot.plist.

Note when Chimera is installed the com.apple.Boot.plist is renamed to org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Yes you do need chimera for your machine to boot without additional aids (iboot etc.) You can install this using multi beast - This will also create the Extras folder (by the sounds of it you don't have it)

Can you post a screenshot of the top level of your HDD just in case?

Also have you display hidden folders on your mac to see if for some reason it is hiding? (doubtful though)

To do this on Lion go to terminal and put in

Code:
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

Then

Code:
killall Finder

To then hide the folders again when you're done looking go

Code:
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

then

Code:
killall Finder

If you're not familiar with terminal, Just copy and past these bits of code then press enter after each line.

If you can't find it re-run multi beast and make sure you select the EasyBeast Install option if you don't have a dsdt file for your mobo.

This will install chimera and also create the extras folder.

tom.humphrey said:
If you can't find it re-run multi beast and make sure you select the EasyBeast Install option if you don't have a dsdt file for your mobo.

EasyBeast did it. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back