3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,
I'v been trying to install Lion in a friend's computer for a while but without any luck.
After changing the BIOS, when I put the Flash Drive on the USB port, everything looks fine but when the Menu appears and I choose Lion nothing happens.
That was last week, now it is weirder than that.
Now the same situation, but when I'm on the same menu to choose Lion Installation the computer freezes, and nothing happens, the keyboard doesn't work anymore, so I can't move to change options or if hit the "enter" botton, nothing happens.
DSC03515.jpeg
I really don't know what it's going on.
Please if someone can help me with this. It should be like a Christmast present for me :D

The Motherboard is a:
Gigabyte GA-P45T-ES3G LGA 775
Video Card ATI Radeon X800

PD: I already installed Snow Leopard and when I restarted with Iboot on it, the computer has the same issue, it freezes, so I can't use the arrows keys to move or hit the enter botton.
I attached the pictures of my BIOS config and the menu where everything get frozen.
DSC03508.jpeg
DSC03509.jpeg
DSC03510.jpeg
DSC03514.jpeg

Attachments

• DSC03508.jpeg
    DSC03508.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 176
  • DSC03509.jpeg
    DSC03509.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 172
  • DSC03514.jpeg
    DSC03514.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 173
  • DSC03515.jpeg
    DSC03515.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 166
  • DSC03510.jpeg
    DSC03510.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 168
Ok, I can help you with this! I have the little brother to this motherboard (Gigabyte GA-P43T-ES3G)

Ok, there are a few selections that are different than the ones that I selected.

In Boot Priority Screen, I believe that C2/C2E State Support needs to be ENABLED!!!
Try it without it first, and select all of the other selections that I told you. IF it still doesn't work, try it enabled.

For AHCI screen, here are the selections that I have:

ONBOARD IDE Controller: ENABLED
USB Keyboard Function: ENABLED
USB Mouse Function: ENABLED

Everything else seems to be in order.
I haven’t used Unibeast to install Lion, I upgraded straight from the App Store on week two of Lion’s release. Unibeast wasn’t around then.

I hope that this helps you.

Hey Thanks!!!!
the computer is not freezes anymore!!!!.
I still can't install Lion from USB but now I have options :D
I'm going to try a few more times and if nothing works, I will try Snow Leopard again :D
Thanks, you made my day!!!

I'm glad that I could help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back