Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8gb
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been trying to install something but can't get anything to install. I 1st tried Catalina. that wouldn't load onto my hard drive. I was able to get Mojave to load but couldn't get it to boot on its own, also I need a new GPU but not even sure if my processor/MB will work with it. Now I am trying High Sierra, I never had these types of problems with my previous builds. Iv'e gone through the installations guides and did searches but I am stuck. I am now stuck with kernel panics during the Clover Installer. Can anyone identify what this means? I contemplating getting an AMD GPU so I can start using Catalina but if I can't get what I'm trying to install working, there will be no use buying a GPU right now.

Another issue I am having is getting my installer USB to boot up using UEFI on my MB, I was able to install Windows 10 using UEFI but not MacOS, I still have to use Legacy.

Attachments

• IMG_4917.jpg
    IMG_4917.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
More pictures, if thats not enough, how do I get back to the screen before this? There were a couple of fast moving screens right before the kernel panic.

Attachments

• IMG_4932.jpg
    IMG_4932.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4934.jpg
    IMG_4934.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4935.jpg
    IMG_4935.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4936.jpg
    IMG_4936.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4937.jpg
    IMG_4937.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4938.jpg
    IMG_4938.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4939.jpg
    IMG_4939.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4940.jpg
    IMG_4940.jpg
    579.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
They still don't show the kernel panic information.

I am not sure how to capture it, is there another way to capture this?
People usually video the boot process and extract the relevant frame(s) to post here.

The screen shot I was able to capture is too large to post, if I shrink it then I will lose the resolution. Anything I can do to move over from my Sierra EFI folder to get the Installation USB to boot? There is like several frames in a split second to try to capture. Is this my only option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back