Nvidia GT 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[SOLVED]I can't get chimera installed on my pc

I've recently done a hackintosh in my pc, i have 2 hard disk, one with w10 and another with yosemite, so my hopes were to get the chance to choose between booting with w10 or yosemite, but my surprise was that by default the hard disk that the pc takes for boot is the one with w10, i changed the boot order in the bios, and it did nothing diferent, so i try to install again chimera, and its the same, so my question is if its posible to get chimera, or clover or any bootloader installed on my w10 hard disk so i can choose with which to boot. Thanks in advance

Hi! You should make a partition with os x bootloader(or just os x, don't remember=)) active. You can do it in windows command line in DISKPART.

Open Command Prompt.
Type:
diskpart
At the DISKPART prompt, type:
list partition
Make note of the number of the partition that you want to mark as active. !!! In our case - 200mb partition. It'll be first in list.
select partitionn
Select the partition, n, you want to mark as active.
active

Full solution - http://tinyempire.com/notes/ntldr/markingpartitionactive.htm

Or do it in OS X. Load with flash drive, choose boot from OS X, and System preferences - Boot..smthng)) But i didn't do that)) You can try! Good luck!

Ok thanks, ill try it today, ill tell you if it worked:D

SOLVED I can't get chimera installed

Ok, i tried what you told me, but it was too difficult for me, to get used to cmd work style, so I took your idea and simply created a partition and formatted it as fat in windows, then i boot from the usb to os x, open my hack, then the option that says instal chameleon and choose the partition i created before. And thats it, an easier way to get that done, so if theres anyne with the same problem, you know what to do. Thank you again for responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back