Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
intel
CPU
intel i7 4720hq 3,6ghz
Graphics
nvidia geforce 950m
When i open the laptop it shows the clover 3320 and the boot options....but when i click on my os is restarting non stop .... and i can't install my windows 10 anymore ... please heelp
Asus x550j-xx130d
intel i7 4720 hq
nvidia geforce gtx 950m
4 gb ram

Hi RehabMan. I followed the above linked guide but I got confuse at one point and will appreciate your help.
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1

2: Apple_HFS Internal 188.9 GB disk0s2

3: Apple_HFS Sierra 119.9 GB disk0s3

4: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s4

5: Apple_HFS Elementary 190.2 GB disk0s5

The above is my partition map. I have a BIOS motherboard(doesn't support UEFI). You said two things:

Note: If you're using Clover legacy, the USB should definitely be MBR.

And

- select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"

And then you said

Installing to the HDD/SSD after installation is very similar to installing to the USB. Refer back to this section when you get to that stage.

Now the problem is I have GPT based partition scheme but BIOS and no UEFI support. When I try to install Clover, the installer gives me the choice of all the partitions except the EFI partition. So I installed Clover on

Apple_HFS Sierra 119.9 GB disk0s3

Which is actually the partition where I have installed Sierra. When I restarted and went into Clover(not from USB but Clover installed on Hard drive), it did list "Boot from MacOs Sierra" and "Sierra Recovery" but when I go to "Boot from Sierra" it only gives a few lines of log in which one line is kernel panic if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry for the long post, now my question is, keeping my setup
Recap: BIOS, Clover Legacy, GPT partition scheme
in which partition should I install Clover? Sorry it's unclear from the guide.

Update: Attached log photo

Attachments

• IMG_20161009_140716.jpg
    IMG_20161009_140716.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Hi RehabMan. I followed the above linked guide but I got confuse at one point and will appreciate your help.
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1

2: Apple_HFS Internal 188.9 GB disk0s2

3: Apple_HFS Sierra 119.9 GB disk0s3

4: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s4

5: Apple_HFS Elementary 190.2 GB disk0s5

The above is my partition map. I have a BIOS motherboard(doesn't support UEFI). You said two things:

Note: If you're using Clover legacy, the USB should definitely be MBR.

And

- select the target of the install to "CLOVER EFI" using "Change Install Location"

And then you said

Installing to the HDD/SSD after installation is very similar to installing to the USB. Refer back to this section when you get to that stage.

Now the problem is I have GPT based partition scheme but BIOS and no UEFI support. When I try to install Clover, the installer gives me the choice of all the partitions except the EFI partition. So I installed Clover on

Apple_HFS Sierra 119.9 GB disk0s3

Which is actually the partition where I have installed Sierra. When I restarted and went into Clover(not from USB but Clover installed on Hard drive), it did list "Boot from MacOs Sierra" and "Sierra Recovery" but when I go to "Boot from Sierra" it only gives a few lines of log in which one line is kernel panic if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry for the long post, now my question is, keeping my setup
Recap: BIOS, Clover Legacy, GPT partition scheme
in which partition should I install Clover? Sorry it's unclear from the guide.

Update: Attached log photo

In the case of post-install, the Clover installer should be directed to install to the system volume. It will automatically find the associated ESP and actually install there (provided you selected the option to install to the ESP).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back