Contribute
Register

I Cannot Boot with out Multibeast USB stick (Help Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP EliteBook 8460P-CLover
CPU
i7-2670QM
Graphics
HD 3000 1366 x 768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello to everyone, first i would like to thank you all for keeping this great community alive, i love this forum since thanks to it i built my Hackintosh. But i bought the parts to make one for my girlfriend, the parts are exactly the same as the one for the mini custom pc on the forum from november guide, i have the 8Gb RAM. Everything went good on the installation, installed multi beast 6.0.1 fallowing the same steps i did with my built which is the same, only difference is that the 8Gb of RAM is at 1333Mhz while the one for my girlfriend is 1600Mhz like the guide. Also i did not get the SSD to boot, i got a 500Gb HDD, booting from there. My H87N-WIFI is rev1.x hers rev2.0. and I'm using the wifi card on hers which works ootb. This are the only differences from both Hackintosh, mine works great, hers, i cannot get ir to boot without the USB stick :banghead: i get a error at boot screen image.jpgAny idea guys, or suggestions? what am i doing wrong here. This mono does not has the v-td option like mine. so i cannot disable it since i don't see it, and according to many posts here, i should disable it. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.
Note:WITH THE USB ON THE PC EVERYTHING RUNS PERFECTLY FINE, ONCE I TAKE IT OUT, THE ERROR COMES AGAI, IT DOESNT EVEN GIVE ME THE OPTION TO TYPE ANY COMAND. Bios version is F4 as mine.

Hi there.

I suspect you haven't tried to google what it says on your screen. Please use google the next time.

Let me explain what this "boot0 error" is:

This error occurs if you have a HDD (note only HDD's no SDD's) with a large amount of storage. In your case, it's 500GB. In oder to keep the Hard Drivers the same size (physically) the manufactures needed to increase the size of a sector from 512b to 4096b sectors. That's why you get boot0.

Here's the answer:

1. Boot from your Installer USB into the Installer
  2. Open Disk Utility
  3. Unmount the Hard Driver where you installed Mavericks (Click on it, press Unmount on the Top)
  4. Close the Disk Utility, Open Terminal
  5. Type in diskutil list
  6. You will see all your Hard Drives. Identify the one you installed Mavericks on (Identify the Partition).
  7. As soon as you Identified it, remember the name of your Identifier (example: disk0s2)
  8. Type in: dd if=/Volumes/USBDRIVERNAME/usr/st*andalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/MAVERICKSDRIVENAME

And, that's all you have to do. Tell me if it worked.

Hi there.

I suspect you haven't tried to google what it says on your screen. Please use google the next time.

This error occurs if you have a HDD (note only HDD's no SDD's) with a large amount of storage. In your case, it's 500GB. In oder to keep the Hard Drivers the same size (physically) the manufactures needed to increase the size of a sector from 512b to 4096b sectors. That's why you get boot0.

Here's the answer:

2. Open Disk Utility
  3. Unmount the Hard Driver where you installed Mavericks (Click on it, press Unmount on the Top)
  5. Type in diskutil list
  6. You will see all your Hard Drives. Identify the one you installed Mavericks on (Identify the Partition).
  7. As soon as you Identified it, remember the name of your Identifier (example: disk0s2)
  8. Type in: dd if=/Volumes/USBDRIVERNAME/usr/st*andalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/MAVERICKSDRIVENAME

i didn't google the error because it was late last night and I had to work early this morning at 5:00 that's why I posted hoping I would get an answer from any of the folks here and u did pretty fast and I appreciate that. I'm at work now but as son as I get home this afternoon I'll do it and will definetily let you know. Thanks :)

Hi there.

Here's the answer:

2. Open Disk Utility
  5. Type in diskutil list

Worked, thanks mate :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back