Contribute
Register

I can´t empty my trash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you need to do is a check disk from windows or a repair disk (partition) from diskutility. It is not a good idea to delete files in mac from ntfs partitions. Move them first on your hfs+ partition (on desktop for example) and them put them in trash. To move files in Lion use (COMMAND + C; COMMAND + OPTION + V).

To check disk in windows right click on your partition -> properties -> tools -> error check -> check now ->check disk

If you want to delete files directly in mac from ntfs I recommend you to use CleanMyMac software which has an option named QUICK ERASE FILES. (Drag them there and apply your password, you are done).

Good luck!
Thanks for your information, I will do it. I will report the result soon. Thanks!

ddrmama said:
I have two HDD and two partitions into each one. All partitions (except my osx partition) are NTFS. I have in my trash files from this partitions (NTFS). When I have tried to delete the trash into this partitions my system says that I don´t have permissions to do that.
Ha, you didn't mentioned about NTFS Drives...have you installed 3rd party software? TuxeraNTFS or NTFS-3G? If not, so i think you havn't write access on that Drives, that's the reason you're not able to delete the Files.

karacho said:
ddrmama said:
I have two HDD and two partitions into each one. All partitions (except my osx partition) are NTFS. I have in my trash files from this partitions (NTFS). When I have tried to delete the trash into this partitions my system says that I don´t have permissions to do that.
Ha, you didn't mentioned about NTFS Drives...have you installed 3rd party software? TuxeraNTFS or NTFS-3G? If not, so i think you havn't write access on that Drives, that's the reason you're not able to delete the Files.

Yes I have Paragon NTFS for MAC. Actually I can read and write into NTFS partition.

All you need to do is a check disk from windows or a repair disk (partition) from diskutility. It is not a good idea to delete files in mac from ntfs partitions. Move them first on your hfs+ partition (on desktop for example) and them put them in trash. To move files in Lion use (COMMAND + C; COMMAND + OPTION + V).

To check disk in windows right click on your partition -> properties -> tools -> error check -> check now ->check disk

If you want to delete files directly in mac from ntfs I recommend you to use CleanMyMac software which has an option named QUICK ERASE FILES. (Drag them there and apply your password, you are done).

Good luck!

I did it! :lol: I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly! A lot of thanks!

Thanks karacho too for your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back