Contribute
Register

I can´t empty my trash...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I have a problem with my trash. I can´t get it empty because I have a lot of files (Zero files) but I can´t remove them. I would like to do it to get my trash empty. I have prove to press command key and in my finder select empty trash. I have proved too “Secure Empty Trash” and same result.

I have read that I can delete my actual trash and then logout and OSx will do another Trash. I don´t know how I can do it.

I can start from another OSX (usb mode) but I can´t find my hard disk trash to delete it.

So …. I need help! ;)

Thanks in advance!

karacho said:
Run Terminal and type rm -rf .Trash/*

Note: If you mount an external Drive like USB Thumbs or similar and you delete something on such a Drive, please empty the Trash before unmounting such a Drive

Thanks for your answer. I have some files from usb drives that I didn´t delete before unmount the drive... how could I solve this problem?

Actually, I can´t empty my trash with rm -rf .Trash/*

I did it but my trash is in the same situation.

Another idea?

Thanks

ddrmama said:
karacho said:
Run Terminal and type rm -rf .Trash/*

Note: If you mount an external Drive like USB Thumbs or similar and you delete something on such a Drive, please empty the Trash before unmounting such a Drive

Thanks for your answer. I have some files from usb drives that I didn´t delete before unmount the drive... how could I solve this problem?

Actually, I can´t empty my trash with rm -rf .Trash/*

I did it but my trash is in the same situation.

Another idea?

Thanks
Just reconnect the Drives and empty the Trash

Thanks for your answer, but I did it and no luck. I have tried a lot of things and all of them haven´t solved my problem.

I have tried with termial etc. Do you know the path of the trash to try deleting it manually from another OSX?

Any idea with terminal or something like that?

Abe Frohman said:
Try sudo rm -rf .Trash/* or try holding down the Option key when emptying the Trash.

No luck with this too.... :?

Thanks again!

karacho said:
Try this sudo rm -rf /.Trashes/*

Note: You have to give your password for sudo

sorry, no luck... it is possible to delete manually from another osx? What is the path??

Thanks!

ddrmama said:
sorry, no luck... it is possible to delete manually from another osx? What is the path??

Thanks!
You can try it from another OSX. The Paths are /Users/YOURACCOUNT/.Trash and /.Trashes

The Folders are Hidden. You can make them visible using ShowAllFiles

I have news about this. Yesterday I try to delete the trash from another osx and I think that I have detected the problem (not solved yet).

I have two HDD and two partitions into each one. All partitions (except my osx partition) are NTFS. I have in my trash files from this partitions (NTFS). When I have tried to delete the trash into this partitions my system says that I don´t have permissions to do that.

I tried to change the permissions but I can´t do it (I am not clever with terminal).

So I think that, perhaps, if I can change the permissions of this partitions and I can delete their trash, I could solve my problem :D , so now I need a little help to change the permissions of this partitions.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back