Graphics
QUADRO K4200 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a GA-Z170X-UD5 TH with i7 6700K and Nvidia QUADRO M4200 4GB connected to DELL 32" 4K.

I tried to generate the SSDT for my i7 with ssdtPRGen.sh, but I have noticed that after the generation my CPU was always at max speed (from HWMonitor software).

Instead, if i delete the SSDT file, the CPU works great. Also overclocked to 4.4 Ghz, and in HWMonitor the CPU speed my vary from 1000 Mhz to 4400 Mhz.

I have selected iMac 17,1 form Clover, because the original iMac also have the same processor (non K version) the system must have all information about CPU... so the SSDT file is unnecessary.

isn't correct?

Thanks, this is my first hackintosh.... but i love it! :)

ya man, I'm having the same issue. I"m also running 17.1 with a 6700k overclocked to 4.6ghz. I've created the SSDT.aml and dropped OEM, but it seems like I get less power management and a higher idle using that than if I remove the SSDT altogether. I'm gonna do some more experiments tonight but ya, if it works better without the SSDT I'd say it's unnecessary.

ya man, I'm having the same issue. I"m also running 17.1 with a 6700k overclocked to 4.6ghz. I've created the SSDT.aml and dropped OEM, but it seems like I get less power management and a higher idle using that than if I remove the SSDT altogether. I'm gonna do some more experiments tonight but ya, if it works better without the SSDT I'd say it's unnecessary.

You should not use DropOem=true when you have only placed SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh in ACPI/patched.
DropOem is used depending on the state of patched OEM SSDTs.
If you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched, DropOem=true
If you don't have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched, DropOem=false

The SSDT.aml generated from ssdtPRgen.sh is NOT a patched SSDT.

I have a custom SSDT-USB.aml in my ACPI/Patched as well as my generated SSDT.aml from the script.

So I should be using DropOem=true correct?

You should not use DropOem=true when you have only placed SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh in ACPI/patched.
DropOem is used depending on the state of patched OEM SSDTs.
If you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched, DropOem=true
If you don't have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched, DropOem=false

The SSDT.aml generated from ssdtPRgen.sh is NOT a patched SSDT.

I have a custom SSDT-USB.aml in my ACPI/Patched as well as my generated SSDT.aml from the script.

So I should be using DropOem=true correct?

No. The custom SSDT-USB.aml is not a patched SSDT either.

Definition of patching:
To take something that exists and change it.

Both the SSDT-USB.aml and the SSDT.aml generated by ssdtPRgen.sh are new content created from nothing, not patched content.

No. The custom SSDT-USB.aml is not a patched SSDT either.

Definition of patching:
To take something that exists and change it.

Both the SSDT-USB.aml and the SSDT.aml generated by ssdtPRgen.sh are new content created from nothing, not patched content.

Got ya. The fact that you install them both in ACPI/Patched had me confused (seems like this should be ACPI/Custom if we wanted it to be more intuitive)... Will revert back to DropOem=False tonight for more testing.

Thanks for the tips!

So once I got home I realized I did had DropOem=false.

I removed my SSDT, and rebooted. Looks like power management is native with iMac 17,1 and a Skylake 6700k.

Ran AppleIntelINfo.dat a few times and I have a ton of p-states and the cpu will scale from ~1.7 - 4.6Ghz so it recognized my overclock with no issues.

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 6.39.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-27 at 6.41.01 PM.png

At this point I don't see the need to generate or run an custom SSDT as it seems to offer no performance or power saving difference. Does this seem right to everyone?

So once I got home I realized I did had DropOem=false.

I removed my SSDT, and rebooted. Looks like power management is native with iMac 17,1 and a Skylake 6700k.

Ran AppleIntelINfo.dat a few times and I have a ton of p-states and the cpu will scale from ~1.7 - 4.6Ghz so it recognized my overclock with no issues.

View attachment 232973View attachment 232974

At this point I don't see the need to generate or run an custom SSDT as it seems to offer no performance or power saving difference. Does this seem right to everyone?

Probably not possible to implement correct GPU PM without correct CPU PM (X86PlatformPlugin loading).

Probably not possible to implement correct GPU PM without correct CPU PM (X86PlatformPlugin loading).

So this is a new angle, what needs to be done for GPU PM? I don't let my system sleep because I require firewire (thunderbolt) connectivity for my audio interface. Am I loosing that much letting my 980ti just run?

I'm not exactly sure what you're telling me here...

I've not yet found stuff about GPU PM, can you link me to some applicable info? Always looking to get this rig running at it's most efficient.

Thanks!

So this is a new angle, what needs to be done for GPU PM? I don't let my system sleep because I require firewire (thunderbolt) connectivity for my audio interface. Am I loosing that much letting my 980ti just run?

I'm not exactly sure what you're telling me here...

I've not yet found stuff about GPU PM, can you link me to some applicable info? Always looking to get this rig running at it's most efficient.

Thanks!

Do you see X86PlatformPlugin loaded under CPU0 in ioreg?
Read here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ml-native-ivy-bridge-cpu-and-gpu-power-management.86807/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back