Contribute
Register

Update ... still not perfect ... it is unstable what can I do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GigaByte: GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

thanks to this thread I could fix some of my color issues.

First I had to copy the display information to the system folder and then i had to look for the right resolution with the Resextreme tool and then i could eliminate the problems with the pixel errors.

But i still have stability issues with the newest mojave:

what runs:

network
sound
display
mouse ...

I just played some songs with spotify and then the mac freezed. It played the songs, mouse still running. But you could not select anything. Like the windows handler was dead ...

is there something like a mac compatibility test to show me where i still need to optimize? i mean what i want from that machine is that it runs stable ...

I have not changed anything with the multibeast settings ... so there are still uptodate. Any ideas what i should try next?

Attachments

• MultibeastSettings.mb
    6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
update:

i have tried to run the GFX OpenGL test on my machine and was told that it does not support tests on virtualized OS-es or custom-build firmware. This tool used to run with high sierra and the nvidia card. It still tells me that i have an amd 580 from gigabyte but i cannot run that test. Is this a hint that there is something wrong with my settings.

I choosed an iMac 14.1 with Multibeast. Does it make sense to choose a newer machine even if i have a haswell cpu?

update: I have tried cinebench and it runs smooth. Supports8 threads in the rendering and informs me that I have a score of 1803 but i think that means that the gpu is not used? do I have to install some additional driver?

Airdrop works also ...

hi folks,

what really bothers me with me setup. The hackintosh is running sometimes and sometimes not. There is no clear cause for the instabilities. E.g. sometimes there are big flaws in the handling of inactive windows. The window which is running is always clear but if there is e.g. an animated advertisement in the browser which is behind an active window of e.g. the finder the picture might get messy. might because it happens not all the times.

a couple of minutes ago i was logged of the mac and after i logged in again some of the apps are replaced by red squares ...

how should i proceed to get things straight? Where could I look?

Attachments

• quirks.png
    quirks.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 51
there is another thing ... when the hackintosh freezes it usually means that the mouse is still active but i cannot select anything. I can play songs with itunes and spotifiy but sometimes it suddenly freezes.

there is just not a clear pattern which helps me to understand where to look. in a certain way it is worse then not running at all ...

Just another hint:

when I log on to Mojave the background should be transparent and show the blurred Mojave. When I log on to the system it’s just a kind of foggy grey...

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back