Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68X
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Everything seemed to be going well. I pasted the DSDT from Step 4 to replace the PEG0 line and its several proceeding lines, I got it to compile successfully, and I installed without a problem. I rebooted and now my machine only goes to a white screen with my mouse cursor in the top-left (unmovable). I tried booting verbose and nothing hangs. I have no idea where I'd even start booting single-user to manually un-**** something.

I had been using the AppleHDA rollback with success, but tonight my audio stopped working entirely, which was what made me go, "Eh, I should just enable HDMI audio anyway so I can start using both." I've never worked with DSDT edits and it's all kind of scary. Lo and behold, I did something wrong and now my machine isn't working at all. Oh, the pleasant surprises of owning a Hackintosh.

Any help is appreciated. We've fixed every other fatal issue I've had, so I'm optimistic that someone out there can help. Thanks!

rxninja said:
Everything seemed to be going well. I pasted the DSDT from Step 4 to replace the PEG0 line and its several proceeding lines, I got it to compile successfully, and I installed without a problem. I rebooted and now my machine only goes to a white screen with my mouse cursor in the top-left (unmovable). I tried booting verbose and nothing hangs. I have no idea where I'd even start booting single-user to manually un-f#ck something.
Try:
1. GraphicsEnabler=No -v
2. UniBeat or other Lion install USB
3. rBoot

After the repair, consider:
1. Bootable backup
2. Using dsdt=dsdt_temp at boot prompt (for testing of a dsdt with installing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back