Register

I am trying to run Sierra on an Intel i9 9900K on a Designare Z390

Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Hi, I am dying here. I have tried a lot! First of all, I am trying to run Sierra on an Intel i9 9900K on a Designare Z390. I got the installer to boot and I was able to install Sierra to a Sata SSD. But when it restarted I just got a black screen. Then I put the SSD in a USB enclosure, pluged it to an iMac and finished the instalation just fine. I have tried several config.plist but as soon as it is supposed to show me the Sierra screen, it goes black. I don't know what to do. If somebody has a solution for me, I would appreciate it a lot!.

Jamesbond007

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700KF
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, I am dying here. I have tried a lot! First of all, I am trying to run Sierra on an Intel i9 9900K on a Designare Z390. I got the installer to boot and I was able to install Sierra to a Sata SSD. But when it restarted I just got a black screen. Then I put the SSD in a USB enclosure, plugged it to an iMac and finished the installation just fine. I have tried several config.plist but as soon as it is supposed to show me the Sierra screen, it goes black. I don't know what to do. If somebody has a solution for me, I would appreciate it a lot!.
Please update your motherboard, CPU, and graphics card information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the forum rules.

I use the Z390 Designare myself with a i7 9700KF, and I am able to run MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 (and also High Sierra 10.13.6 and Mojave 10.14.6) using a RX 580 graphics card.

(1) Are you using Sierra 10.12.6? If not update to this version first as lower versions won't work with the Z390.

(2) Do you use a graphics card or are you trying to use CPU integrated graphics? If you are trying to use CPU integrated graphics, then you are doomed to fail as Sierra has no support for the CPU integrated graphics (UHD 630) of the i9 9900K. You need to install a Sierra supported graphics card like the RX 580 (which also requires the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts to work with Sierra).

(3) If you insist on using CPU integrated graphics then you can only run MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 and later as Mojave is the first version to support the UHD 630 CPU integrated graphics in the 9th generation Intel CPUs.