Graphics
HD4600 and GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is there a way to have Apple Mirroring show up on my Hackintosh. I have changed the smbios to Imac 12.2 and Mac mini 5.1, but that has not worked. I do not see the apple mirroring symbol up the top as an option. I have tried airparrot and that works nice. Is there anything else I can try to enable airport mirroring. Thanks.

I tried Airparrot and found this to work great. I would also like to find a bluetooth adapter with more range than my current Targus USB Bluetooth® Adapter - Class 2 ACB10US. I am trying to reach about 20 feet from my computer to the Apple TV. Any ideas or recommendations. Thanks

Thanks for the good information. I did a little trial and error and this is what I come up with. Changing my smbios to mac mini and imac did not work. When I went into the Bios and changed the 1st init to my onboard Graphics that made my Display mirroring show up straight away. However, I never had Apple TV as an option in the drop down from Airplay mirroring. After about 2-3 restarts my system would no longer boot which I think was due to me setting up the onboard as 1st Init and not my PCI Express 16. Can someone shed some light on what I have found out. Airparrot is a very nice program and works well with VLC but does not work with the Mac DVD Player.

On HD3000, 'AirPlay Mirroring' not working with an external graphics card present is a long-standing known issue.

There are no workarounds that I know of except to remove the card and use HD3000 with Macmini5,1.

Kris404 - Thanks for the reply. I have spent some time on this issue and this is what I found out.

1. You must have the 1st INIT as Onboard in the Bios before Airplay Mirroring will work.

2. You do need to have your dedicated GPU and onboard (HD3000) listed in your Graphics display under system info.

3. I am using MacMini 5,1 for my system definition

4. You have two options for GPU with Airplay mirroring. You can boot from your Dedicated GPU (Ati 5870 is my card), but you will not be able to see a boot screen or chimera and nothing will show on the screen until Mac OSX Loads. Airplay will work fine this way.

Or you can just use your HD3000 onboard GPU and airplay will work fine and your boot will be normal. I am hoping someone can share some info on the pro's and cons to doing it each way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back