Contribute
Register

I am new to hackintosh and want to install it on my old pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
This build should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra and above.

I use my main system to run MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.

For a new system like this you should definitely use a SSD as a boot drive at least.
Hey man,
Do you think that I get install the Big Sur with that build?
Thanks a lot!

This build should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra and above.

I use my main system to run MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.

For a new system like this you should definitely use a SSD as a boot drive at least.

Yeah. Everything looks fine. Please see post #3 on my Z390 M Gaming thread for info about wi-fi/Bluetooth card.

I would definitely go for SSD instead of HDD.
Hi,
Just more one question please.
Do you think that this machine run MacOS Big Sur?

Thanks!

Hi,
Just more one question please.
Do you think that this machine run MacOS Big Sur?

Thanks!

You mean the stuff listed in post #7?

Yes. I use the same motherboard. You saw the thread already...

You mean the stuff listed in post #7?

Yes. I use the same motherboard. You saw the thread already...
I expressed myself wrong.
At the moment what version MacOS are you using? (High Sierra, Catalina, etc)
The question is, that machine that I'm building would be able to run MacOS Big Sur?

Thanks!

I expressed myself wrong.
At the moment what version MacOS are you using? (High Sierra, Catalina, etc)
The question is, that machine that I'm building would be able to run MacOS Big Sur?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 12.56.17 PM.png

Assuming you have a supported video card, everything from El Capitan to Big Sur can work. If you want to use one of the older versions of macOS, it may be necessary to spoof older CPUs.

Yeah. Everything looks fine. Please see post #3 on my Z390 M Gaming thread for info about wi-fi/Bluetooth card.

I would definitely go for SSD instead of HDD.
I'd like to ask an advice please,
About the SSD, I'm a mixing and mastering enginner, therefore I'm thinking to buy 1 SSD 480GB to run the system, 1 Tb to Pro Tools' projects and another of 480GB if I need. Do you think a good ideia? And about the connection M2 what would you do?

Thanks in advanced!

Last edited:
I'd like to ask an advice please,
About the SSD, I'm a mixing and mastering enginner, therefore I'm thinking to buy 1 SSD 480GB to run the system, 1 Tb to Pro Tools' projects and another of 480GB if I need. Do you think a good ideia? And about the connection M2 what would you do?

Thanks in advanced!

I don't know anything about Pro Tools or how it works... But I always like my OS on the fastest drive possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back