ATI Radeon Sapphire 6870 1 GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have a friend who does a lot of 3D Rendering and graphic animation who asked me if I could build him an super hyper Hack. Something huge for something like 3500 euros ( like 4500 dollars).

The idea would be a 2 CPU hackintosh.

So I wondered this solution and I would like to know if it will work and what would be a better and stable solution for Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and Win 7 ( dual boot)

MB: ASUS Z8NA-D6 ( socket 1366 : only problem is there are few connections) is there any gigabyte dual 1366 socket?

CPU:intel Xeon E5520 x2 2,26 ghz (4 cores-8 threads)

RAM: 24 gb 1600hz

HD: 5 x 1TB 7200

SSD: 240 gb Vertex 3: system and Programs and Win 7

GPU: ATI 6870 Sapphire Vapor X 1gb

Noctua ?

2 DVD burners
Power supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W

Any suggestion and comment are appreciated.

Thanks everybody

Maybe for that power I will add a thousand euro and get the mac pro to be 100% sure to be without any issue and get 100% performance

Pro:
[*]gpu 100% supported
[*]SSD with TRIM enabled
[*]updates won't cause problems and break stuff
[*]you will get less troubles if you help him for free

cons:
[*]if you get paid for helping him for solving any problems, you won't make money

Of course just buy the basic one and add ram/hdd later, because Apple has crazy prices for extra ram and hdd :p

I'm not even sure about the 2CPU build working as a hackintosh. Why doesn't your friend just wait for the new mac pro's come out if he is willing to spend all that cash?

I don't see much setups with that configuration but I did see one lad on Youtube with it but sadly I am locked out of my gmail account to link you the video. Damn you 2step verification. :thumbdown:

No need for two CPU's when you can squeeze as much power OC your machine using a 2600k, SSD and maybe a 6870 or 6850?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back