ASUS PRIME Z370-P
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hy to every one! If someone could help somehow! On Buyers Guide by Section CPU Coolers stays also quotes: "The following CPU coolers have been chosen as they are known to work without issues" but...

on the list was
Corsair H115i (non RGB I assume) and I have with it.

My OS is High Sierra 10.13.6 and everything works just fine, but sleep not. It wakes from sleep in a sec. Problem is in USB from Cooler itself and finaly question is, does someone have same CPU cooler installed and working OS without sleep issue? without USB it works just fine, but without lights of coures.

100 times tnx in advance! :wave:

Hy to every one! If someone could help somehow! On Buyers Guide by Section CPU Coolers stays also quotes: "The following CPU coolers have been chosen as they are known to work without issues" but...

on the list was
Corsair H115i (non RGB I assume) and I have with it.

My OS is High Sierra 10.13.6 and everything works just fine, but sleep not. It wakes from sleep in a sec. Problem is in USB from Cooler itself and finaly question is, does someone have same CPU cooler installed and working OS without sleep issue? without USB it works just fine, but without lights of coures.

100 times tnx in advance! :wave:

Hi there.

To get the cooler USB *not* to bounce awake your PC requires the USB port it is plugged into being fully configured.

Have you created an SSDT for your motherboard's USB ports yet?

If not you probably ought to. If you have then you need to change a setting for the cooler port.

:)

Hello to you too,

Thanks many times for answer. I still didn't made this and I will appreciate if you could redirect me on some tutor howto. If not then I'll make time myself to search around.

:crazy::beachball:

Tnx again!

Hello to you too,

Thanks many times for answer. I still didn't made this and I will appreciate if you could redirect me on some tutor howto. If not then I'll make time myself to search around.

:crazy::beachball:

Tnx again!

Three guides to choose from:

1) Creating a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext

2) A Beginner's Guide to Creating a Custom USB SSDT

3) Hackintool

Recommend you set the "UsbConnector", 255, for the motherboard header that your pump plugs into.

(This may not work as intended, depending on what the pump expects, but is a starting point).

:)

Hi guys,
Sorry in advance to reply to this very old thread...
I'm facing the exact same issue: using H115i RGB Platinium, with the pump connected to a motherboard USB port to monitor FAN/pump speed and setup colors.
It wakes up from sleep immediately because of this USB connection. When I unplug this USB (everything works as FANs and pump are powered using SATA power), it sleeps normally.

Before tweaking my USB SSDT, I was wondering if I can still use this USB port, but disable the wake from sleep on that port. I don't need a power only USB port, as FANs and pump are powered using SATA. I need a data USB port to be able to monitor and setup the H115i, but without wake from sleep functionality. Is there a way to do it by tweaking the USB SSDT?

Edit: I just discovery this post so I'll test it and update the post accordingly. Sorry about that...
Edit 2: Well it don't really apply to me as I'm using OpenCore (and not Clover). Despite reading some guides about creating an SSDT, I can't figure out how to disable wake for a specific USB port... Any help appreciated :)

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I'm facing the exact same issue: using H115i RGB Platinium, with the pump connected to a motherboard USB port to monitor FAN/pump speed and setup colors.
It wakes up from sleep immediately because of this USB connection. When I unplug this USB (everything works as FANs and pump are powered using SATA power), it sleeps normally.

Before tweaking my USB SSDT, I was wondering if I can still use this USB port, but disable the wake from sleep on that port. I don't need a power only USB port, as FANs and pump are powered using SATA. I need a data USB port to be able to monitor and setup the H115i, but without wake from sleep functionality. Is there a way to do it by tweaking the USB SSDT?

Edit: I just discovery this post so I'll test it and update the post accordingly. Sorry about that...
Edit 2: Well it don't really apply to me as I'm using OpenCore (and not Clover). Despite reading some guides about creating an SSDT, I can't figure out how to disable wake for a specific USB port... Any help appreciated :)

Thanks a lot!
Follow the Dortana OpenCore USB mapping guide for Intel. After you have detected your USB ports, you will be able to set the port types.

The H115I usb port you have connected the AIO to should be configured as an internal USB port (type 255).

Lastly, generate a USBMap.kext from your mapping and include it in your config - and be sure to disable any other temporary config settings used to inject all ports.

Hi guys,
I had the same issued with my H115i RGB Platinum. I had it fixed in Clover with an ssdt, but it stopped working when I switched to OC
The easiest way for me to fix the sleep issued under OC was to use Hackintool to reconfigure my active USB ports and exclude the internal USB port header that my H115i was connected to (in my case HS10) then had Hackintool generate a new USBPorts.kext with the new configuration. Then dropped it in my OC folder, kexts.
This fix has survived Big Sur as well as OC updates. Currently running 0.6.6 and 11.2.1

I had the same issued with my H115i RGB Platinum. I had it fixed in Clover with an ssdt, but it stopped working when I switched to OC
The easiest way for me to fix the sleep issued under OC was to use Hackintool to reconfigure my active USB ports and exclude the internal USB port header that my H115i was connected to (in my case HS10) then had Hackintool generate a new USBPorts.kext with the new configuration. Then dropped it in my OC folder, kexts.
This fix has survived Big Sur as well as OC updates. Currently running 0.6.6 and 11.2.1
Thanks @HawkTron, I'll try that.
I guess you deleted the USBInjectAll.kext file in the OC/Kexts folder and replaced by the USBPorts.kext generated by Hackintool?
Do you need to link the new file somewhere, or does the system load every kext files present in the OC/Kexts folder?
Thanks a lot!

Thanks @HawkTron, I'll try that.
I guess you deleted the USBInjectAll.kext file in the OC/Kexts folder and replaced by the USBPorts.kext generated by Hackintool?
Correct. Also XhciPortLimit should be set to False in config.plist
Do you need to link the new file somewhere, or does the system load every kext files present in the OC/Kexts folder?
Thanks a lot!
You may need to link it manually, unless the OC configurator/editor you use does it for you.
I use ProperTree and do an "OC Clean Snapshot" to sync all my files in my OC folder.

Your new USBPorts.kext should show up in Kernel/Add in your config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back