Contribute
Register

HWSensors no longer work in El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
When using KextBeast and installing the XXXSensors.kext files do you select /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions?

Hi. Im having a nightmare here trying to get fan speeds and accurate cpu voltage/temps. I really need them , as I'm running a case mod and I have to keep an eye on temps and speeds. Using HWmonitor or istats Im having no fan readings ( the most I see is the cpu fan without values) and unnacurate cpu readings (compared to intel power gadget) I went thru several threads an nothing yet. I'm on 10.11.6 , I have the IGPu dissabled on bios, running all on my gtx 970, I have a proper ssdt for power managment ... the only "unusual" component i have its a kingston predator ACHI m.2 ssd. So I think this is a HW kext related issue.
So far i have tryed:
Install directly from Multibeast 8.0.1
Install directly from Multibeast 9.0.1
Get the binaries form github (Tryied last 3 versions)
Got these experimental kexts as suggested here by Neilhart
Even got the slice's branch of HW Sensors ( by the way look pretty interesting, may be worthy take another look at those)
I installed all of the above kext on the following manner:
-Instaled by package
-extracted from package
-taken form .dmg
-Installed with kext beast
I've tryed the following locations for all of them:
S/L/E
L/E
EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11

ALWAYS being sure to unistall the previous an rebuild chaches, i have even went throug 5 clean installs of OS and still no luck.
triyed generate p states and cstates, inyect kext , disable SIP...

Have you noticed in your builds any other variable messing with sensors?
Thank you

can i bring down the gpu fan speed with hwmonitor ?
I dont't think so, it's a Monitor not a Controller . It's not working for me now but in previous builds I could monitor all my temps but not control fans. I'm not aware of a software working on hackintosh for fan control as Mac Fan Control does in a "real" mac

well these are terrible news then ,
i read that you can flash the gpu bios to bring the fan speed down , not sure if that is a safe road to go ...
I have never flashed my GPU BIOS so i don't know if that will give you the ability to control fan speed. And if so, how would you adjust it whitn MacOS? What card are you using? some manufacturers have (windows) applications that let you modify the cards settings without flashing the BIOS , i.e.my EVGA has several "suites" like precision X that let you control fan speed. Maybe you can adjust them in windows and then boot into MacOS...

from Precision X description: "Want to setup a custom Fan Curve? Hit the Fan Curve button and set up a custom Fan Slope. Compatible with nearly every EVGA graphics card"...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back