Contribute
Register

HWSensors no longer work in El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have same problem with the ASUS Z170-WS. Copied kexts to Clover/kext/10.11 and system crashed during reboot. I use 17.1 Smbios, maybe this is important?

Any help would be great.

Hello,

I have same problem with the ASUS Z170-WS. Copied kexts to Clover/kext/10.11 and system crashed during reboot. I use 17.1 Smbios, maybe this is important?

Any help would be great.

If you want HWMonitor and Intel Power Gadget, then follow this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-c...ead-skylake-platform-os-x-28.html#post1158806 and see post # 273 and # 275.

I did note that even this re-compiled version of HWMonitor (FakseSMC.kext, sensors and monitor) has some issues. HWMonitor act a little differently on my GigaByte Z170-HD3 then it does on the ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming.

Good modding,
neil

Thanks mate, ! I`ll have a look.

Mine is ASUS Z170M-PLUS (10.11.3), seen only CPUSensor kext is problem, my system keep loop restart, other kext Sensor worked fine !

iStats working great again on GA-Z97X-UD5H with 10.11.4 - thanks to everyone's contributions. Grabbed kexts from binaries (not the dmg, its a different hyperlink) and copied the kexts to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11. Reboot and its sensor heaven once again, with all the temps you could ask for.

Hi all,

I downloaded HWSensors 6.19.1406 binaries and copy the kexts.
All my sensors are visible in HWMonitors and Istat Menus but on Istat, in the sensor section only the discs and the fan are giving values? Any idea?

On HWMonitor I have values for all the sensors.

Thanks

Confirmed sensors not showing was a bug in iStat Menus 5.11 on El Capitan 10.11.4 and 10.11.5.

Fixed in iStat Menus 5.2.

Here's a link to download the Beta release:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/bjango/files/istatmenus5/beta/istatmenus652.zip

Screenshot%202016-06-05%2002.11.25.png

Thanks for the info, it's working like a charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back