Contribute
Register

HWSensors no longer work in El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
assume you're using Clover, use the dmg (instead of the pkg) to install hwsensors app manually, and then put the kexts in the Clover kext directory (i.e., Clover/kext/10.11). i believe both the one that comes with hwsensors and the one you get from here are 6.16.1372.

remove all those kext from S/L/E (if you used the pkg install) and rebuild kernel cache.

In which Clover Kext directory? I assume the one in the EFI partition and not the one on EFI Backups folder on my main HD. Am I right?

assume you're using Clover, use the dmg (instead of the pkg) to install hwsensors app manually, and then put the kexts in the Clover kext directory (i.e., Clover/kext/10.11). i believe both the one that comes with hwsensors and the one you get from here are 6.16.1372.

remove all those kext from S/L/E (if you used the pkg install) and rebuild kernel cache.
Thanks, this fix it.

Does yours work? I reinstalled HWSensors (latest version) from the Sourceforge site, and it still didn't work - I only got drive temperatures (via SMART).

Yes it works. I'm getting CPU frequency, multiplier, etc, as well as CPU temps, fan speeds, etc.

-bth

When was El Cap 10.11.1 released? I thought 10.11 just came out two days ago!?

The second public beta of 10.11.1 (15B22c) came out the same day. That's what I'm running on both of my machines.

-bth

Sorta stupid question: how do you rebuild the kernel cache in clover?

[edit]

Mounted EFI with EFI Mounter-v2.
Installed kexts (except FakeSMC - which I was afraid to replace) from the 1394 dmg into /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11.
Put HWMonitor in /Applications.
Rebooted.

Yay! I got sensors: temps/fan revs/the works. I did not rebuild the kernel cache!
Happy but still a little confused...

Working after set Inject Kexts to Yes

Copy kexts from dmg, except fakesmc, to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11
Copy HWMonitor app to Applications folder

Open Clover Configurator

In the System Parameters tab, set the Inject Kexts to Yes

...reboot

:thumbup:

Just copy to EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11? No need to install to S/L/E?

Edit: To answer to my own question: Yes, just copy to EFI. No need to install to S/L/E. Hardwaremonitor app works. I also have iStat Menus installed. The app sees the sensor data now, but does not show the sensor data in the menu drop down. Any ideas? Would be nice to use iStat, since it's paid for.

But thanks to this thread and all the posters. Sensor data works now. :)

Hi

Once you mount HW Monitor, Copy kexts from dmg to desktop

ACPISensors.kext
CPUSensors.kext
GPUSensors.kext
LPCSensors.kext

Run KextBeast, restart DONE. All working

Easy

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 23.33.29.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 23.33.29.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 368
Hey guys!

I am running El Capitan 10.11.2 on Gigabyte Z170 HD3P.

When I install CPUSensors.kext to S/L/E it just doesn't work.
When I install CPUSensors.kext to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 I get a reboot loop.

The rest of the kexts are in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 and they kind of work - I only get GPU sensors working when I quit the app and start it again manually.

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back