4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
The HWSensors kexts that are used along with FakeSMC by the HWMonitor app no longer work after updating to El Capitan; HWMonitor only shows drive SMART data now (no CPU core temperatures, fan speeds, etc.). I hope they are updated sometime soon by the developer to work with El Capitan.

The HWSensors kexts that are used along with FakeSMC by the HWMonitor app no longer work after updating to El Capitan; HWMonitor only shows drive SMART data now (no CPU core temperatures, fan speeds, etc.). I hope they are updated sometime soon by the developer to work with El Capitan.

The sensors are now acknowledged to be processor inefficient and should be discarded in favour of apps like the Intel Power Gadget.

The sensors are now acknowledged to be processor inefficient and should be discarded in favour of apps like the Intel Power Gadget.

I did not know that. But I don't like Power Gadget's interface; it doesn't present the information as clearly as HWMonitor.

Yeah same problem too. I thought this have something to do with FakeSMC Kext and i was messing around with those Kext and ran into trouble, so i left them with HwMonitor not working. Not even iStats seems to work in my case.

Yeah same problem too. I thought this have something to do with FakeSMC Kext and i was messing around with those Kext and ran into trouble, so i left them with HwMonitor not working. Not even iStats seems to work in my case.

I had the same issue with my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH. I had to reinstall FakeSMC, HWMonitor app and sensors (plugins) from MultiBeast.

-bth

I had the same issue with my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH. I had to reinstall FakeSMC, HWMonitor app and sensors (plugins) from MultiBeast.

-bth

Does yours work? I reinstalled HWSensors (latest version) from the Sourceforge site, and it still didn't work - I only got drive temperatures (via SMART).

I had the same problem. I reinstalled with version 6.18.1394 and everything works. Using El Capitan 10.11.1 and Clover 3270

HWMonitor.jpg

I had the same problem. I reinstalled with version 6.18.1394 and everything works. Using El Capitan 10.11.1 and Clover 3270

When was El Cap 10.11.1 released? I thought 10.11 just came out two days ago!?

assume you're using Clover, use the dmg (instead of the pkg) to install hwsensors app manually, and then put the kexts in the Clover kext directory (i.e., Clover/kext/10.11). i believe both the one that comes with hwsensors and the one you get from here are 6.16.1372.

remove all those kext from S/L/E (if you used the pkg install) and rebuild kernel cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back