i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently upgraded my graphics card to a Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 56 Pulse 8GB and also updated to the Mojave 10.14.6. It works fine in general but I can't get any sensor readings from it. I have the following installed kexts:
AppleALC.kext
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
NoVPAJpeg.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
HWMonitor constantly reports a temperature value of 127 which seems to be invalid. How can I get proper sensor readings? Is it possible to get more sensors like fan speed or other temperature sensors? Also I have more than 2 fans but only 2 fans are being displayed. I used to see all 4 fans (in High Sierra) but that is gone now.
Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 17.56.15.png

I have the same issue.

I have the same issue.

You should go to insanelymac site and check out Slice’s HWMonitor kexts and use his combination. I tested last year and it went from 120 - 37 degrees. If you are getting a reading of 137 C feel the backplate “carefully” of the card it will burn your fingers if it’s really that hot. It should only be warm at idle. This will confirm that the reading is incorrect.

You should go to insanelymac site and check out Slice’s HWMonitor kexts and use his combination. I tested last year and it went from 120 - 37 degrees. If you are getting a reading of 137 C feel the backplate “carefully” of the card it will burn your fingers if it’s really that hot. It should only be warm at idle. This will confirm that the reading is incorrect.

That worked. Thank you.
Here's a link to Slice's download, in case anyone is interested. (Read the readme file)

That worked. Thank you.
Here's a link to Slice's download, in case anyone is interested. (Read the readme file)

Nice, Slice is awesome he makes many things possible in the world of Hackintosh!

Even after downloading and installing the latest version of HWSensors (which only installed a new copy of HWMonitor since I already have FakeSMC and the sensor kexts installed) the GPU reading is still 127°C on idle. I'm entirely confident this reading is an error since it is the maximum value of a signed byte (-128 to 127) and my GPU is currently idle. This number never changes with load. Installing this did not solve my problem.

How can I get proper sensor readings? Is it possible to get more sensors like fan speed or other temperature sensors?

Even after downloading and installing the latest version of HWSensors (which only installed a new copy of HWMonitor since I already have FakeSMC and the sensor kexts installed) the GPU reading is still 127°C on idle. I'm entirely confident this reading is an error since it is the maximum value of a signed byte (-128 to 127) and my GPU is currently idle. This number never changes with load. Installing this did not solve my problem.

How can I get proper sensor readings? Is it possible to get more sensors like fan speed or other temperature sensors?

Slice setup requires his FakeSMCkext and other sensor Kexts. You should remove existing ones and try again.

I'm having the same problem, ended up replacing fakesmc and different types of hwmonitor and hwmonitorsmc but still 127 degree reading. somehow my system didn;t boot anymore, fixed that and now my internet isn't working.

Is there a simple way for hwmonitor and gpusensor to work properly for my system?

I ended up here after wanting to overclock my GPU, but now i'm at the point where I will leave it all alone

I had the same problem, I actually had to modify/add missing video card declarations to add Vegas. Then compiled the app myself. I have it in my computer at home. In a few hours I can upload here, but you could do this yourself if you got Xcode and time. I will post back later with the upload

Attachments

• FAKESMC-SENSORS.zip
    143.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 11.28.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 11.28.31 AM.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 149
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back