Graphics
GTX 980 Ti - MSI Gaming 6G
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, I'm new to HWSensors / Monitors / Kexts as I am looking for a way to check my build temperatures / fans etc.

I read some posts and troubleshooting but I think I'm missing something - maybe you can help me!

I run 10.10.1 with Multibeast 7.7.1

Build: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H / i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz / GTX760 2048MB.

I downloaded the latest version of HWSensors from the official homepage (6.14.1364). I only get Hard drive temperatures and nothing else.

My S/L/E/FakeSMC.kext has no plugins folder. Maybe that's the reason? What's the easiest way to get it running and what do I do if the process triggers Kernel panic?

Thank you a lot in advance! Sorry if it's a noob question but I'm trying to put together the pieces from other posts and I need help figuring it out.

Did you install the plug ins from multi beast ?

THANK YOU! I missed exactly that... I didn't understand that I had to install HWMonitor & Plugins via Multibeast. Works great now. :thumbup::D

Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 17.00.49.png

The only thing that's missing now is the system & power fan speed. It can't detect them somehow. Just CPU / GPU fans showing. Any ideas?

Edit: My fans (front intake & exhaust) don't even show up in the BIOS. Weird. They work...

Last edited:
THANK YOU! I missed exactly that... I didn't understand that I had to install HWMonitor & Plugins via Multibeast. Works great now. :thumbup::D

View attachment 121456

The only thing that's missing now is the system & power fan speed. It can't detect them somehow. Just CPU / GPU fans showing. Any ideas?

Edit: My fans (front intake & exhaust) don't even show up in the BIOS. Weird. They work...

Fans are apparently hit or miss with the sensor plugins in HWMonitor. On my older Gigabyte motherboard, the CPU fan sensor worked; on my new MSI motherboard it doesn't. The GPU fan sensor has never worked for me (on either my older GT 640 or my new GTX 750).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back