Contribute
Register

HWMonitor is trying to install new helper tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
More importantly than having control over fans, would be not having overheat problems when CPU is stressed - which is happening now.

Anyone got a fix for Sierra - HW?

Thanks

Hi, same problem here.
It's some settings you've changed in that require a helper tool. annoying if you don't remember which ones.

remove /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application Support/HWMonitor either by going to the finder and pressing Apple-shift-G and pasting in /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application Support/ and dragging it to the trash or in the terminal:

rm -rf /Users/yourusernamehere/Library/Application Support/HWMonitor

Should do the trick ;)

This command just wiped out all my documents and desktop ?!

This command just wiped out all my documents and desktop ?!
You should have quoted the path.
Code:
rm /Users/John Smith/Library/Some Directory
will expand to
Code:
rm /Users/John
rm Smith/Library/Some
rm Directory
The options r + f mean its recursive without confirmation.

You should have quoted the path.
Code:
rm /Users/John Smith/Library/Some Directory
will expand to
Code:
rm /Users/John
rm Smith/Library/Some
rm Directory
The options r + f mean its recursive without confirmation.

I mean I changed it to my username.. good thing I had password protection on and all my work on another drive. Still, not exactly sure what I lost besides kext utilities and maybe some photos. Only finished my system a month ago or so...

Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/HWMonitor and delete Configuration.xml. Restart and HWMonitor will re-write it's vanilla config file. I just did this and it worked perfectly.

Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/HWMonitor and delete Configuration.xml. Restart and HWMonitor will re-write it's vanilla config file. I just did this and it worked perfectly.

YES! This worked for me too! Thanks

Perfect, easy, delete the config file and all working again. Thaks!

I had the same problem, and figure it out with an uninstall (with CleanMyMac) and a fresh install of last version. Found on the github repo : https://github.com/kozlekek/HWSensors/releases

And now, control speed based on GPU work well ! ;)

The bug came back on 10.14.6! Me and a few other guys got it. Which is odd, but HWMonitor hasn't been updated in over a year.
None of these solutions work currently

Edit: got it working with the binary at https://github.com/kzlekk/HWSensors/releases/tag/6.26 instead of the pkg, don't know why it worked this time around but the binary did work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back