Contribute
Register

HW Sensors (Fan Speed, Temperature etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Q87T (Thin Mini-ITX)
CPU
Intel i7-4790T (Quad-Core 2.7ghz, 3.9ghz turbo, hyper-threading)
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I've updated from a Yosemite installation in which most hardware sensors were working for temperature, fan speed etc. As part of the update I decided to remove my quite old version of FakeSMC and its sensors, and use the option provided by MultiBeast to install an updated version.

However, it doesn't appear to be working; I don't see temperatures for any internal components, nor my fan speed.

I'm using Clover, but I'm a bit confused as to where I should actually be installing things now; is the kexts/10.11 or kexts/other folder in Clover's EFI folder still okay, or should everything be in /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions now? A lot of guides seem to describe installation to /S/L/E now which before were okay with Clover injection the last time I followed them (admittedly a while ago), which seems strange.

To clarify as well; I know that System Integrity Protection prevents tampering with folders like /S/L/E, but can I enable it once I'm happy with the extensions that I've installed to prevent tampering of those as well?

So I've updated from a Yosemite installation in which most hardware sensors were working for temperature, fan speed etc. As part of the update I decided to remove my quite old version of FakeSMC and its sensors, and use the option provided by MultiBeast to install an updated version.

However, it doesn't appear to be working; I don't see temperatures for any internal components, nor my fan speed.

I'm using Clover, but I'm a bit confused as to where I should actually be installing things now; is the kexts/10.11 or kexts/other folder in Clover's EFI folder still okay, or should everything be in /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions now? A lot of guides seem to describe installation to /S/L/E now which before were okay with Clover injection the last time I followed them (admittedly a while ago), which seems strange.

To clarify as well; I know that System Integrity Protection prevents tampering with folders like /S/L/E, but can I enable it once I'm happy with the extensions that I've installed to prevent tampering of those as well?

Use /Library/Extensions - that's the accepted "correct" place to install non-system kexts. I don't know why your sensors aren't working. Mine only partly work - I've never gotten anything for my Nvidia graphics card (temperature or fan speed), and my CPU fan is reported as one of the Mainboard fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back