Contribute
Register

HW Monitor shows CPU Core at 1.616 V for i7 3770. Should I be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I'm not understanding your last instructions. Do you mean make the USB Test Bootloader over as UEFI or something else? I don't see any attachment zip. Thanks in advance!

Create your pen drive. Attach Clover folder with themes removed from your Pen Drive. ZIP attach.

ZIP attach? Where????

Using a combination of the Terminal and Chameleon Wizard I was able to patch the SSDT and after using IOREG to verify, AppleLPC is the only thing not loaded. Also, HWMonitor's reading on the CPU Core V is the same as before.

How do I go about getting LPC to load? Will doing this get the CPU Core V to lower down to the BIOS' reading?

HWMonitor reads CPU Core= 1.616 V
BIOS reads V Core .9 V

Using a combination of the Terminal and Chameleon Wizard I was able to patch the SSDT and after using IOREG to verify, AppleLPC is the only thing not loaded. Also, HWMonitor's reading on the CPU Core V is the same as before.

How do I go about getting LPC to load? Will doing this get the CPU Core V to lower down to the BIOS' reading?

HWMonitor reads CPU Core= 1.616 V
BIOS reads V Core .9 V

You no longer need Chameleon Wizard when using Clover. Use the (Upload a File) on the forum to attach Clover folder with Themes removed ZIP attach.

You no longer need Chameleon Wizard when using Clover. Use the (Upload a File) on the forum to attach Clover folder with Themes removed ZIP attach.

Thanks! I'll try that.

Nothing attached.

Here's my latest IOReg results. Looks as though everything is loaded except AppleLPC. I'm still using Chameleon/Chimera.

Is there anyway to avoid migrating to Clover to get this working?? Thanks!!

Attachments

• IOReg Details.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 81
Here's my latest IOReg results. Looks as though everything is loaded except AppleLPC. I'm still using Chameleon/Chimera.

Is there anyway to avoid migrating to Clover to get this working?? Thanks!!

LPC Device ID is pci8086,1e47 which isn't native need to be spoofed with a compatible Device ID. Use pci8086,1e44 in a SSDT.

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "Dragon", "SSDT-LPC", 0x00003000)
{
    Method (_SB.PCI0.LPCB._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x03                                          
            })
        }

Return (Package (0x02)
        {
            "compatible",
            "pci8086,1e44"
        })
    }
}

LPC Device ID is pci8086,1e47 which isn't native need to be spoofed with a compatible Device ID. Use pci8086,1e44 in a SSDT.

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "Dragon", "SSDT-LPC", 0x00003000)
{
    Method (_SB.PCI0.LPCB._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x03                                         
            })
        }

Return (Package (0x02)
        {
            "compatible",
            "pci8086,1e44"
        })
    }
}

Thanks! How do I modify my SSDT.aml file??

Thanks! How do I modify my SSDT.aml file??

Put SSDT-LPC in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. Add to config under ACPI, DSDT, Patches,

Code:
change _DSM to XDSM
<5f44534d>
<5844534d>

Attachments

• SSDT-LPC.aml
    97 bytes · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back