Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
savestheday said:
thelostswede said:
I've taken that system apart now, as I'm using the board with a 3770K now.
The only two settings I had to enabled are mentioned in my previous post.

Thx for the quick reply. Have you got any Geekbench scores for the 3770k? That's the proc I'm looking to upgrade to. Thx!

No, as I haven't installed OS X yet, but it's coming...

Ok, so I am about to build my very first Hackintosh and after reading lots and lots on this forum and various other sources across the net I settled on this motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H).

I am about to begin the installation process of OSX Lion, based on what this post is saying I do not need a custom DSDT file right? I am assuming I still need to run MultiBeast to install the drivers I need though?

matt_d_rat said:
Ok, so I am about to build my very first Hackintosh and after reading lots and lots on this forum and various other sources across the net I settled on this motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H).

I am about to begin the installation process of OSX Lion, based on what this post is saying I do not need a custom DSDT file right? I am assuming I still need to run MultiBeast to install the drivers I need though?

Yes, you probably won't need a DSDT, but you still need to run MultiBeast to install necessary drivers.

Do u guys know if the Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3 should work? Not the micro ATX one (M3).
I know audio and second LAN will not work but it's ok I can use Intel LAN and FireWire soundcard. I really want 4 PCI x16 slots, I can pair it with a 3770K.
Any imput appreciated.

P0w

Theoretically it should, but no-one will know for sure until you try. The basic features are no different from Gigabyte's other boards, so I see no reason why it shouldn't, taking into account that you're ok with the features you already mentioned not working.
Do keep in mind that the four slots share bandwidth, so technically speaking, they're not full x16 slots, as the PCI Express switch takes 16 lanes of bandwidth and splits it between the four slots, although it does it in a slightly more clever way.

Anyone with the GA-Z77-UD5H - are you running a PCI-E NIC card in one of the 1x PCI-E (small) slots? When I wake from sleep, my NIC dies. It doesn't happen every time but it's enough to bug me. Tried on two different Rosewill NIC's. If I put it in one of 8x slots, it seems to fix the issue.

leftbrain said:
Thanks Macsure and bluskale for your help, anything you come up with would be much appreciated. I ended up installing Windows 7 tonight and sleep is working perfectly in Windows 7... so I'm pretty sure now that my motherboard is not defective. I guess this board might have a few more things that need ironing out, but it seems I'm the only one with the sleep problems, if anyone thinks of anything that would help me out- I'm all ears!!!

Does your BIOS have a wake for LAN setting? If so, try to disable and see if that helps.

Can this new motherboards put in firewire mode the hard drives holding the "T" letter on the keyboard, Exactly like an original Mac? I think we´re not far from there.

Hi

I just Bought it for my dad, and was very Panic when i did not find a dsdt file.
Do i install normal with the iboot cd and use multibeast then and it Boots regular?

Sorry for my spelling, but i am German and my iPod "corrects" all wrong

Greetings

carlosavilajr said:
Can this new motherboards put in firewire mode the hard drives holding the "T" letter on the keyboard, Exactly like an original Mac? I think we´re not far from there.

No. Target disk mode is only on real Macs, not hackintosh. Besides, almost no motherboards have Firewire 800 ports themselves (some of them may have Firewire 400).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back