Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
leftbrain said:
It will only sleep for about 5 seconds and then it wakes up, and if you shut down... it will simply restart the computer again. I'm thinking the sleep/resume functionality on my motherboard might be a hardware problem, perhaps I should just return the motherboard, any ideas?

The only other thing I can think of is to see if it works with windows. I was browsing the newegg reviews for this board, and they are pretty lackluster, about half positive and half negative. The negative ones seems most to do with (confusion about?) the overclocking capabilities, and some regarding quality control. One of the upper ones mentions what seems to be a hardware issue regarding resume from sleep (I presume with Windows)— I would be inclined to think you're having a similar issue, unfortunately.

Now, for the person with the speed stepping issue... what do you have in your boot file in /extra ? Have you gotten speedstepping to work with 10.7.4 on any other systems? My first guess would be a config error somewhere along the way.

bluskale said:
Now, for the person with the speed stepping issue... what do you have in your boot file in /extra ? Have you gotten speedstepping to work with 10.7.4 on any other systems? My first guess would be a config error somewhere along the way.

I used the MacPro3.1 from MultiBeast at first. I have tried many of them including MacMini 5.1 which KPs. But after KPing I edited it to be Macpro3.1 in single user mode. I didn't edit it properly but I'm able to to boot up and have the 16x and 42x multiplier work. There must be something working there.

This is it attached:

Attachments

• smbios.plist
    476 bytes · Views: 262
Sorry, I should have been more specific... what's in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist ?

Also, just to be sure, you're using MSRDumper.kext to check your p-states, right?

edit: btw, I am actually using the macmini5,1 definition with the i5 SSDT (although I am using an i3 2125 processor), and have GenerateCStates = yes in my boot file (might not matter if that is there). I also encountered the boot KP, but got rid of it temporarily using the DropSSDT flag (but don't use that now... you'll only get the two states you've reported if you do)-- once the generic SSDTs were released, I used the i5 one, and have seen it reach 4 or 5 different P-states using MSRDumper.

I was monitoring HWMonitor.

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    726 bytes · Views: 293
bluskale said:
it is really hard to see HW monitor report anything other than the highest or lowest states.

grab MSRDumper from the following link (remove underscore so it is insanely mac . com), and use their instructions to load it temporarily:

http://www.insanelymac_.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258612

Just tried it and I only get the 16x and 42x multipliers but now I'm able to do this with the MacPro3.1 system after someone helped set up a proper DSDT for me.

Attachments

• DSDT-GA-Z77-DS3H.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 113
Does auto sleep work on this board?
I have sleep / wake working but on auto sleep, the monitor turns off but the fan still turns. when I press mouse, it wakes the monitor and the computer is still on as it never went to sleep.

Also, I have external HDD showing "disk not properly ejected" on wake after sleep, then it connects to the HDD again. Does anyone have similar issue or is it something I should tweak in bios setting?

Thanks Macsure and bluskale for your help, anything you come up with would be much appreciated. I ended up installing Windows 7 tonight and sleep is working perfectly in Windows 7... so I'm pretty sure now that my motherboard is not defective. I guess this board might have a few more things that need ironing out, but it seems I'm the only one with the sleep problems, if anyone thinks of anything that would help me out- I'm all ears!!!

did anyone found a solution for wake from sleep network problem? I can't see any users or printers connected to network after waking up from sleep

ds3h / maojl's atheros

Just tried it and I only get the 16x and 42x multipliers but now I'm able to do this with the MacPro3.1 system after someone helped set up a proper DSDT for me.

Did you ever try installing the i5 SSDT, changing your chameleon boot file to remove the part about 'Generate P-states', and not using the DSDT all at the same time? That would essentially be how my system is working atm (although with machine macmini def)... you're in 10.7.4 right?

as for the other issues (networking / sleep & shutdown), I'm not sure where to start with those...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back