Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved my bios to F8 from F3 on my DS3H/2600K, I'm running both 10.6.8 and 10.7.3 and I still can't sleep or shutdown correctly... just did a user dsdt install with no dsdt and the results are the same in lion and snow leopard, can anyone offer a solution... thanks!!!???

Hi Guys, Firstly Im not if this is the right place to post, So I am sorrry to the Admin's if it isnt, But due to my querry I hope it is :)

I have had running for 12 mths now a GA-H61 Hackintosh purring along nicely. So much better than my mac mini, which I ended up selling.

Now last week I jumped onto the SSD trend, WOW, just amazing , shuda done it early :)
However the H61 only supports sata 2 (3Gb) and the 120gb sandisk I bought is sata3 (6gb) plus I wanna buy another 240gb SSD. So I need to upgrade my Mobo. I am at the budget end when it comes to $$$, so I frist was going to run with a budget price z68 becuase this is tested and proven. However this Z77-DS3H is in my price range. I dont need all the bells and whistles, just x2 sata3 for my SSD's x2 3.0 usb and 2x sata for my HDD's.

So is it worth me staying the z68 or be up to date with a z77. I dont intended to upgrade my cpu, that will come when it dies i guess. Advice much appreicated

got another problem, after wake up from sleep I can't see network computers (all Mac)
anyone else having same problems?

ds3h, maolj's atheros kext

miquedique said:
I found one bug. I installed Atheros kext by Maojl, but ethernet adapter is showing as bluetooth pan in network preferences (but acting as ethernet adapter). Anyone else have the same problem?

It's not same problem as yours, but when I use Maoji's atheros kext for LAN, it shows as connected and gets a iP assigned----but i dont even use ethernet and nothing is connected!

I deleted kext and it shows there's nothing in system profiler but it still shows ethernet unplugged in network setting. I tried to tweak Maoji's kext as it adds atheros LAN kext to IONetworkingfamily but no success. I think it is conflicting with something.

Macsure said:
Now last week I jumped onto the SSD trend, WOW, just amazing , shuda done it early :)
However the H61 only supports sata 2 (3Gb) and the 120gb sandisk I bought is sata3 (6gb) plus I wanna buy another 240gb SSD. So I need to upgrade my Mobo. I am at the budget end when it comes to $$$, so I frist was going to run with a budget price z68 becuase this is tested and proven. However this Z77-DS3H is in my price range. I dont need all the bells and whistles, just x2 sata3 for my SSD's x2 3.0 usb and 2x sata for my HDD's.

So is it worth me staying the z68 or be up to date with a z77. I dont intended to upgrade my cpu, that will come when it dies i guess. Advice much appreicated

Z77 gets native support with bridgehelper 5.0 and will be supported in Mountain Lion public release.

todesto said:
Macsure said:

Z77 gets native support with bridgehelper 5.0 and will be supported in Mountain Lion public release.

Fanks Todesto, Thats is a good point as I will be getting Mountain lion when it is released. I have always played catch with technology, so this is my chance to, well until some beta and fast comes out :):). I definitely leaning to wards the z77.

leftbrain said:
I moved my bios to F8 from F3 on my DS3H/2600K, I'm running both 10.6.8 and 10.7.3 and I still can't sleep or shutdown correctly... just did a user dsdt install with no dsdt and the results are the same in lion and snow leopard, can anyone offer a solution... thanks!!!???

You did a fresh install (e.g., to a blank drive) and sleep still isn't working?

Yes thanks for your help... I have done multiple fresh installs to blank drives and still have the same results, this motherboard has been the hardest one I have tried when it comes to sleep. It will only sleep for about 5 seconds and then it wakes up, and if you shut down... it will simply restart the computer again. I'm thinking the sleep/resume functionality on my motherboard might be a hardware problem, perhaps I should just return the motherboard, any ideas?

left brain said:
.....if you shut down... it will simply restart the computer again. I'm thinking the sleep/resume functionality on my motherboard might be a hardware problem, perhaps I should just return the motherboard, any ideas?

Had this problem with my H61 board. I I wrote I kext, I just have to remember what it was. Maybe it will help you. I know its a different board, but it lead you to a fix.

All the best.

P.S I saving for a z77

miquedique said:
mine is working without problem, I installed attached kexts for audio
I'm using F3 bios, no DSDT... sleep/resume works

but I can't overclock, even if I overclock only to 34 multiplier, osx gives me a locked 1600 mhz. How did you overcome this problem? I installed overclock i5/i7 SSDT from Multibeast, but no luck...

Did you figure out your issue with the multiplier being stuck? I'm having the same issue now using MacPro 3.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back