Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is awesome news :) looking forward to upgrading to a 3770k and the z77x-ud5h motherboard.

tonymacx86 said:
babidy said:
Hmm.....I am waiting till end of April to purchase a GOOD Next generation motherboard Z77 with PCIe 3, USB3, etc.. Asus a good brand? I have seen Maximus GENE etc, looks very cool but overprices. Asus boards will have no problem then??

No- this is a Gigabyte exclusive as far as i know. ASUS boards will still need either a patched .rom OR Speedstepper-patched kexts at each Software update.

Which Asus boards have been tested to confirm this? Great news on speedstep with the gigabyte boards!

wfj said:
tonymacx86 said:
No- this is a Gigabyte exclusive as far as i know. ASUS boards will still need either a patched .rom OR Speedstepper-patched kexts at each Software update.

Which Asus boards have been tested to confirm this? Great news on speedstep with the gigabyte boards!

None that I know of as of yet. I ordered an Asus Sabertooth Z77 today and at least one other person has ordered another Asus Z77 board. I'll have more details on everything as soon as I get my board which should be tomorrow or Friday.

brycv said:
wfj said:
tonymacx86 said:

None that I know of as of yet. I ordered an Asus Sabertooth Z77 today and at least one other person has ordered another Asus Z77 board. I'll have more details on everything as soon as I get my board which should be tomorrow or Friday.

Great...I'll look forward to hearing about your experience.

So by now "top" Ga motherboard, wich allows futures mentioned above, is GA-Z77X-UD5H? or there is something more advanced and suitable for osx?
and wich one will be better Asus Maximus V GENE, Sabertooth z77 or GA-Z77X-UD5H i know its early to ask questions like that but still id like to know your opinion. Realy want to swap out my sb p67 for something better

Was looking at upgrading my PC this August, so I guess I might as well get IvyBridge and be on top of the game for once :)

be11o said:
So by now "top" Ga motherboard, wich allows futures mentioned above, is GA-Z77X-UD5H? or there is something more advanced and suitable for osx?
and wich one will be better Asus Maximus V GENE, Sabertooth z77 or GA-Z77X-UD5H i know its early to ask questions like that but still id like to know your opinion. Realy want to swap out my sb p67 for something better

They have additional high-end models coming, we know for a fact that they're working on a version with Thunderbolt, but we have no details on it. The only company that has showed off a Thunderbolt board is MSI, but it won't be available for quite some time yet.
Sadly the G1.Sniper 3 won't work if you want to use the onboard audio, but the secondary Ethernet adapter should work just fine, as it's an Intel chip, whereas the primary one is a Killer NIC, albeit a new version that is quite different from the previous ones.
As to which one will be better, well, that's really hard to say and it depends on which features, what size board and what not you're looking for.

brownin said:
Was looking at upgrading my PC this August, so I guess I might as well get IvyBridge and be on top of the game for once :)

By then prices should have come down slightly as well and we should have a much better idea as to how well things work, or not as it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back