Contribute
Register

Huge News! Gigabyte UEFI Sleep/Wake with NO DSDT! [TESTING]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. Is anybody able to boot into EFI shell and do

memmap > mem.txt

and post it here?

I would like to see how memory is organised on those boards.
Thanks.

Hi Tony

I was just about to buy a new mother board and am really glad i saw your post, I am getting one of these straight away!! any chance of a mini guide on how you set things up? Did you use EasyBeast? as you said you don't need a DSDT. I guess a few of the members will be itching to have a play with this board.

keep up the great work. :D

These are great news, indeed! :D

Especially for all us folks who haven't upgraded their machines lately with SB. :p

bmwandy123 said:
Hi Tony

I was just about to buy a new mother board and am really glad i saw your post, I am getting one of these straight away!! any chance of a mini guide on how you set things up? Did you use EasyBeast? as you said you don't need a DSDT. I guess a few of the members will be itching to have a play with this board.

No EasyBeast- I just ran UserDSDT without DSDT, rebooted and it worked. :)

tonymacx86 said:
bmwandy123 said:
Hi Tony

:eek:

What about FakeSMC? Temperature Monitors working natively, too??

I want to build my Hack on this mainboard. Will be developer-music system and I don't need onboard audio since I'll use Apogee Duet on a TI firewire PCIe.

I understand it's not safe to make decision until apple release the new mac series. But I'm not sure why you think that since you already make Lion work on this mobo and also it's official that apple will support ivy bridge: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.de/2012/03/e ... ridge.html

It's not official for Z77 chipset ? If so, your mobo install on Lion doesn't run native kernel for this chipset ?

How many chances (in percent) to be supported native by Lion do you gave it (Z77 chipset).

Thank you

randyfatar said:
I understand it's not safe to make decision until apple release the new mac series. But I'm not sure why you think that since you already make Lion work on this mobo and also it's official that apple will support ivy bridge: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.de/2012/03/e ... ridge.html

It's not official for Z77 chipset ? If so, your mobo install on Lion doesn't run native kernel for this chipset ?

if you read at the bottom of that post it says:
"Because there are no Macs yet with Ivy Bridge, the tipster had to use a modified kernel to boot."

nothing in this thread is about ivy bridge. ivy bridge cpus havent been released yet on apple products.
once apple includes support for ivy, then itll be time to use them.

as for the mobos, tony and the thelostswede are using sandy bridge cpus on their panther point z77 boards.

shibirian said:
tonymacx86 said:
bmwandy123 said:
Hi Tony

:eek:

What about FakeSMC? Temperature Monitors working natively, too??

UserDSDT includes FakeSMC :) You'd need to install the FakeSMC plugins for Temp monitoring. ;)

So aside from the sleep/wake functionality, what are some differences between the 1st gen z77 and 3rd gen z68's? I assume the Z77 is being made specifically with IB in mind, but z68's are forward compatible...sooo....

RoKsTaR said:
So aside from the sleep/wake functionality, what are some differences between the 1st gen z77 and 3rd gen z68's? I assume the Z77 is being made specifically with IB in mind, but z68's are forward compatible...sooo....

Not much at all. I'd go with Z68 at this point until we have all the kinks worked out of Z77. You arent gaining anything right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back